New Jersey
Options

Did anyone have their wedding and reception in either Grand Chalet, The Reception Center at St. Clem

Does anyone have any feedback on Grand Chalet (Wayne, NJ), The Reception Center at St. Clement (Matawan, NJ), or Casa Bianca (Oak Ridge, NJ)? How's their food, service, location, and design?
about how much was the price per person (and what did that include?)

My fiance and I were planning on visiting these three reception places.
Please let me know what your reviews are for any of the three, also if you have pictures or videos that would help too.
Thank you Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did anyone have their wedding and reception in either Grand Chalet, The Reception Center at St. Clem

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I had my graduation party at the grand chalet in wayne nj because my dads cousin is a manager there! The food is good, the place is very nice... I had my college graduation party when you walk in to the right! Its one of the bigger rooms! But because it is my fathers cousin we payed $55 a person which included open bar
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not a wedding, but my sister had her rehearsal dinner and I had a graduation party at Casa Bianca. The food is awesome! And there was soooo much food- the service was great too. This was a few years ago, before it had the fire and they re-did the inside. As far as I know, they did not used to do weddings. I would imagine they do a very good job. The only down side I could think of is that there are not many photo opportunities outside the buidling, but you could always take pictures at a park, etc.
  • Options
    CrysMarie12CrysMarie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Grand Chalet is gross. Don't go there. 
  • Options
    M&SLnWM&SLnW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi CrysMarie, Was it the food? interior design?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kelleynchriskelleynchris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  worked as a waitress at the Reception Center at St. Clements years ago. I don't know about pricing but the food was always very good. And there was always a lot of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think the Grand Chalet is bad- Ive been there for brunch a few times and thought the food was fine. The location right off of 23 isnt the greatest, but there are tons of reception halls located on busy streets
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A girl here got married at The Reception Center a couple years ago and had nothing but good things to say about it. I thought her photos were lovely and she had some Knottie guests who said it was all very nice.

I hope she doesn't mind, but I found her photo and review bios and here are the links (Christina, if you see this and want me to delete, please let me know!):

http://sites.google.com/site/moscatelloc/vendorreviews

http://sites.google.com/site/moscatelloc/nonproweddingpics
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a christening party at the Grand Chalet.  I thought the food was good.
  • Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Grand Chalet, smells and they are un-professional. I would never consider having my wedding there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also would not choose the Grand Chalet for a wedding -- a regular party maybe but not a wedding.  When I met with them last year they were very rigid and not accomodating - the cocktail hour would be in the downstairs room which to me is like a basement then you go upstairs for the reception - I had a lot of older guest and the facility is NOT handicap accessible - no elevator for handicap guests they would have to go outside and around the side of the building to get to the downstairs room - not good if weather is bad.

Also I had gone to a bridal show there and the food was very dried out.  At a tricky tray the food was cold.  However at their Sunday brunch the food is awesome - go figure.

Just my personal pref but I would not do a wedding there
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MB Christina is on vacation, but I do not think she'd care, I recently went to a day time reception at St. Clements and thought it was really good, the couple went very simple and everything was really good.  Christina raves about it all the time.

Lori-how are you!?
  • Options
    M&SLnWM&SLnW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the feedback ladies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards