New Jersey
Options

Poll: Memorial Day Weekend/Short Escapes

Where would you most LIKE to go of places listed & name the location of your favorite long weekend getaway!
A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
imageimage
"5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Poll: Memorial Day Weekend/Short Escapes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If traffic weren't obscene (as it is most places this holiday weekend, granted) I'd head for Cape Cod.

I know the water is icy cold but it's probably my favorite long weekend escape any time of year.
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    JayTee I know this not how I am suppossed to do this but for some reason I can't seem to get the private message option to work for me - I was wondering if you would tell me the color and style of the vest your DH wore - I love the pic and I am still debating the WP attire. Also the store if you wouldn't mind.  Thanks Lisa
    M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
    TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
    6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We went to Lake George on our honeymoon and it was really nice. We stayed at the Boathouse Bed & Breakfast. Great views. Since we went in early April, it was unfortunately too cold to go in the water, and too early in the season for most stuff to be open, but we just wanted to hang out and relax so it was fine. We drove to Lake Placid one day and that was cool, too.

I think the last time we did something for Memorial Day weekend, we went camping in Voorhees out on Rt. 78. Ugh. NEVER again. The place was absolutely packed, and the campsite next to us had about 25 people in it and played salsa music all.day.long. I don't think they shut it off until about 2 a.m.

Now I'd just rather stay home and lay low and relax, than fight the traffic and the crowds to go anywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *Lisa* It was definitely Bisque from Men's Wearhouse, I think the print was Tuscany but it is, of course, available in different prints/vests.

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10051_10020_10601_10057_-1_10020_BLACK_10651_1z141j4Z1z141rk?cm_vc=40168

*MB*
    seeing as I have no desire to sit in traffic & traffic turns DH into, like, the Hulk... we stay put as well!
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd give anything to get to a beach! I think it's been 3 years since we've been.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, Jaime, that's right: you're in GA! It's not as convenient to get to a beach!
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cape May!
  • Options
    michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to head to Belmar or Point Pleasant for the day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since I am in Boston, I voted Jersey Shore. Reminds me of when I was a kid!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted Jersey Shore - my parents have a house in Long Beach Island, and I spend many long weekends there.
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards