New Jersey
Options

Baking themed shower- favor ideas?

We're consdering cookie cutters, but what shape?
The heart whisks are cheesy IMO.
Heart shaped measuring spoons- cheesy.

Any thoughts?
Anniversary Photobucket

Re: Baking themed shower- favor ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love edible favors, so a cookie would be my vote.  Or, what about rubber spatulas or mini bundt pans? 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You could do a little jar or a cute baggie of a cookie or brownie mix (the kind where you just add the wet ingredients).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My vote would be a cookie!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's some cute kitchen~y favor here, Sher!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_baking-themed-shower-favor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:d2bd4659-acd1-401e-8210-56578f6f0fb8Post:89036cc5-7200-4abf-b083-19b4c99e30ee">Re: Baking themed shower- favor ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could do a little jar or a cute baggie of a cookie or brownie mix (the kind where you just add the wet ingredients).
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

My friend had this, but champagne cupcakes for hers.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You are making me hungry with the cookies. I'm on a mission to slimdown and I just cheated and stopped off at the conference room at work for a cookie LOL.

I think cookies are a really cute idea, especially with the variety out there.

I found a couple other favor ideas (I'm bored at work, can you tell):

THESE ARE CHEESE GRATERS BUT THEY ARE WEIRDLY KIND OF CUTE
    http://www.daisy-days.com/grate-shopping-pink-mini-grater-favor.html
    http://www.daisy-days.com/a-grate-love-cheese-grater-favors.html

SOME COOKIE CUTTERS
    http://www.daisy-days.com/gingerbread-boy-girl-cookie-cutter-favors.html
    http://www.daisy-days.com/chocolate-filled-heart-cookie-cutter.html
    Or you could go with a seasonal theme, depending on when the wedding is

• Options
    cindy9178cindy9178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_baking-themed-shower-favor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d2bd4659-acd1-401e-8210-56578f6f0fb8Post:a2181cde-dfda-4723-be5e-c8ed9bf49e48">Baking themed shower- favor ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're consdering cookie cutters, but what shape? The heart whisks are cheesy IMO. Heart shaped measuring spoons- cheesy. Any thoughts?
    Posted by smw42[/QUOTE]
    My friends and I actually have a business making Cake Truffles. We did them for my friend's baking themed Bridal Shower and they were a huge hit. If you are interested, I can PM you the info, let me know.
    Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the jars with cookie mixes in them that someone mentioned above!
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_baking-themed-shower-favor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d2bd4659-acd1-401e-8210-56578f6f0fb8Post:00f4375b-d93c-4532-9fca-4f34d417096b">Re: Baking themed shower- favor ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Baking themed shower- favor ideas? : My friends and I actually have a business making Cake Truffles. We did them for my friend's baking themed Bridal Shower and they were a huge hit. If you are interested, I can PM you the info, let me know.
    Posted by cindy9178[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome! Unfortunately the shower is located in Pittsburgh so I'm not sure how that would work logistically. Would you still be able to PM me the info?
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    cindy9178cindy9178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_baking-themed-shower-favor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d2bd4659-acd1-401e-8210-56578f6f0fb8Post:338447af-f234-4064-8ba2-de454220f5c6">Re: Baking themed shower- favor ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baking themed shower- favor ideas? : That sounds awesome! Unfortunately the shower is located in Pittsburgh so I'm not sure how that would work logistically. Would you still be able to PM me the info?
    Posted by smw42[/QUOTE]
    Since you are local, if you could pick them up (we don't ship), you could then bring them to Pittsburgh.. They stay in the fridge for a week or so once packaged. sending you a PM now. I'll need your email addy to send you the brochure with pricing.
    Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha for my sister's shower we did the teaspoons, I still use mine!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, or how about little jars of sea salt/fleur de sel?

It's supposedly very easy to make homemade vanilla extract ... you just add a whole bean to your jar, plus some vodka. And there are different varieties you can do, too - Google for recipe ideas. It takes 8 weeks until it's ready to use, so depending on when the shower is you could have it ready by then, or just add a little tag saying that it can be used starting [date]. And I think it can be refreshed by just adding more vodka every once in a while.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loooove the mason jars with dry mix too!!! You can add a little tag with the recipe and a mini wooden spoon or whisk- not heart shaped ;) to spice it up! Low cost, fun to make and eaaasssyyy cheesy!
  • Options
    RamsKR01RamsKR01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are a DIY type person I have an idea from the last shower I was at and it's awesome.  Each guest was asked to send a recipe in for the bride with their RSVP (you could either mail it back or email it to a BM).  That's not unheard of for the bride to get recipes, but the MOB and BP actually created mini recipe books and printed/put together enough copies so each guest got everyone's recipe.  I know you were thinking more baking - you could ask for your favorite cookie or dessert recipe. 

As a guest, it's a favor that I actually use and it's great to see what other people sent in as recipes.  Like I said - little time consuming, but I thought it was worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_baking-themed-shower-favor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d2bd4659-acd1-401e-8210-56578f6f0fb8Post:f27ee1eb-1746-46d5-ad59-002b4d7f3490">Re: Baking themed shower- favor ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are a DIY type person I have an idea from the last shower I was at and it's awesome.  Each guest was asked to send a recipe in for the bride with their RSVP (you could either mail it back or email it to a BM).  That's not unheard of for the bride to get recipes, but the MOB and BP actually created mini recipe books and printed/put together enough copies so each guest got everyone's recipe.  I know you were thinking more baking - you could ask for your favorite cookie or dessert recipe. 
    Posted by RamsKR01[/QUOTE]

This is what was done at a shower I went to.  The host asked everyone to send in their favorite dessert recipe.  She then made small book to give to everyone as a favor and attached a small whisk to it.  It was really popular with the guests and a cute idea that the bride will use as well as all the guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_baking-themed-shower-favor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d2bd4659-acd1-401e-8210-56578f6f0fb8Post:f27ee1eb-1746-46d5-ad59-002b4d7f3490">Re: Baking themed shower- favor ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are a DIY type person I have an idea from the last shower I was at and it's awesome.  Each guest was asked to send a recipe in for the bride with their RSVP (you could either mail it back or email it to a BM).  That's not unheard of for the bride to get recipes, but the MOB and BP actually created mini recipe books and printed/put together enough copies so each guest got everyone's recipe.  I know you were thinking more baking - you could ask for your favorite cookie or dessert recipe.  As a guest, it's a favor that I actually use and it's great to see what other people sent in as recipes.  Like I said - little time consuming, but I thought it was worth it!
    Posted by RamsKR01[/QUOTE]
    <font class="Apple-style-span" color="#008080">
    </font><div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#008080">That's an awesome idea!</font></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#008080">As a guest, I would LOVE that as a favor!</font></div>
    BabyFetus Ticker

Being married is a real thriller! =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards