New Jersey
Options

1st venue appt today!

I'm just so so excited! we are going to look @ il villaggio today @ 430 in Carlstadt, NJ. anyone hear any good or bad reviews of them? we have a couple more lined up for this week...just thrilled to be getting this ball moving (:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 1st venue appt today!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where else are you looking?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Have fun and ask lots of questions.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just breath and dont get overwhelmed.  I cried atleast 3 times during my venue selection process. LOL Funny now, but I was a wreck.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's always nice to feel like you are moving ahead in the planning process. Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How exciting! Have fun! Ask lots of questions and remember to breath and take your time. I had to go back to my venue 3 times before we decided.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's funny, once you go to one or two, the banquet managers will say certain things that will prompt you to ask different questions at the next one you go to. I was shocked when my FI was asking where the bathrooms that our guests would be using were located.  I didn't think he was paying any attention.

Have fun!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting!  Good choice in venue...I am booked at Il'Villaggio for next July! :)  Who did you meet with?  I am working with John and I can't say enough good things about him!  Il'Villagigio was actually my first place out of 11 places and I resorted back to my first spot. I went for a tasting and the food was amazing! The one downfall is the limited outdoor space, so my photographer is bringing me to Lambert's Castle prior to the reception so I can get some outside shots.  Let me know how your appointment went!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_1st-venue-appt-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d30838d1-895b-4a8d-8c25-bc6a22dbb61bPost:8f5e6b92-d04c-4e57-bf2c-5a307c2ef86a">Re: 1st venue appt today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How exciting!  Good choice in venue...I am booked at Il'Villaggio for next July! :)  Who did you meet with?  I am working with John and I can't say enough good things about him!  Il'Villagigio was actually my first place out of 11 places and I resorted back to my first spot. I went for a tasting and the food was amazing! The one downfall is the limited outdoor space, so my photographer is bringing me to Lambert's Castle prior to the reception so I can get some outside shots.  Let me know how your appointment went!
    Posted by BridetoBe730[/QUOTE]

OH wow! we worked with John as well..he was so so sooOoO nice! i really loved it, sadly i just dont think it will work :-/ my dad has offered to pay for the reception as its just TOO much over what he has offered to put out..we would try and make up the difference ourselves but i really dont think it would happen. If you dont mind me asking..are you having a saturday wedding? thats what we looked at for next october and its just..wow. expensive lol but they give you SO much!! ahhh! we go look at another place wednesday and 1 more appt at the end of the month. if i dont like either of those 2 ill have to call more places..but i would LOVE il villaggio! you lucky girl you! (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_1st-venue-appt-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d30838d1-895b-4a8d-8c25-bc6a22dbb61bPost:2c0955b9-909a-4b90-9369-dbb185eb5014">Re: 1st venue appt today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where else are you looking?
    Posted by kasabby[/QUOTE]

we have an appt wednesday for The Graycliff in Moonachie && at the end of the month we have The Landmark ( which i don't really want, but my dad seems to like it so we are going to just go check it out lol ) any other suggestions would be great! (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had my reception at the landmark....don't count it out until you go look at it...our wedding was fantastic...and the food was great....
    good luck with picking a venue! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_1st-venue-appt-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d30838d1-895b-4a8d-8c25-bc6a22dbb61bPost:92af7d10-632b-4478-baf9-4a71d9b0be57">Re: 1st venue appt today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just breath and dont get overwhelmed.  I cried atleast 3 times during my venue selection process. LOL Funny now, but I was a wreck.
    Posted by Danes983[/QUOTE]

ugh! im a mess already lol i absolutely LOVED il villaggio and now im just scared nothing else is going to measure up and it might play out to be too expensive for us :-/ blahh! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_1st-venue-appt-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d30838d1-895b-4a8d-8c25-bc6a22dbb61bPost:c0906f4a-7343-429e-b2b7-e0f9ccb3c57c">Re: 1st venue appt today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i had my reception at the landmark....don't count it out until you go look at it...our wedding was fantastic...and the food was great.... good luck with picking a venue! 
    Posted by dmoney79[/QUOTE]

thank you! .... ya see! everyone i talk to tells me they didnt like landmarks food anymore so i was kinda weary of going to talk to someone there...hmph! yea ill give it a fair shot, got nothing to lose (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RebeccaW2010RebeccaW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am partial to Primavera Regency in Stirling, NJ.....hahahha getting married 9-24-10!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_1st-venue-appt-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d30838d1-895b-4a8d-8c25-bc6a22dbb61bPost:53911478-b247-464b-9d39-e7fb3885588e">Re: 1st venue appt today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am partial to Primavera Regency in Stirling, NJ.....hahahha getting married 9-24-10!!
    Posted by RebeccaW2010[/QUOTE]

i PM'ed you (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_1st-venue-appt-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:d30838d1-895b-4a8d-8c25-bc6a22dbb61bPost:3ebc0b8b-5552-4bb1-9b96-a90128c938e0">Re: 1st venue appt today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1st venue appt today! : OH wow! we worked with John as well..he was so so sooOoO nice! i really loved it, sadly i just dont think it will work :-/ my dad has offered to pay for the reception as its just TOO much over what he has offered to put out..we would try and make up the difference ourselves but i really dont think it would happen. If you dont mind me asking..are you having a saturday wedding? thats what we looked at for next october and its just..wow. expensive lol but they give you SO much!! ahhh! we go look at another place wednesday and 1 more appt at the end of the month. if i dont like either of those 2 ill have to call more places..but i would LOVE il villaggio! you lucky girl you! (:
    Posted by tini1405[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I am getting married on a Saturday.  The only thing we added on was the viennese hour.  We loved the place!  I would also suggest looking at the Old Tappan Manor....it use to be called the Colonial Manor (i think).  If you look at the website its SOOO outdated, however, the place has JUST been redone.  They were a lot cheaper.  They were my second choice.  I choose not to go with them because when I was looking they were in mid-construction and I just couldnt book a place that I didn't know completely what it was going to look like.  However, they are finished now and I know someone who went there and said its beautiful and they actually booked there.  They were a lot cheaper then Il'Villaggios.  <p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"> </p>
  • Options
    rachaelb16rachaelb16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are getting married at The Graycliff.  The decor is so not our style, but we loved the food and the prices are great.  They have been wonderful to work with.  Definitely go to a tasting, we basically booked them based on the food.  Good luck!!  Let me know what you think of the place.

• Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Tini, I went to a bridal show at the landmark you get a lot for your money, and the food is excellent. I'm actually going to see it again with FI. I am in the venue selection process as well, I have a big list of venues I need to visit. My budget is under 95pp including tax and tip. Not sure what you budget is but I can give you some info, I did extensive research LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gina1976gina1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got married at The Empire Club in Little Ferry. They are abou 5 minutes away from the Graycliff. You should check them out. We had our wedding on a Saturday and are very reasonably priced and offer alot for your money. Plus they only do one wedding. Good Luck

• Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the primavera!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_1st-venue-appt-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d30838d1-895b-4a8d-8c25-bc6a22dbb61bPost:7878821a-396a-4bdf-9513-2e13cc084ab3">Re: 1st venue appt today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1st venue appt today! : Yes, I am getting married on a Saturday.  The only thing we added on was the viennese hour.  We loved the place!  I would also suggest looking at the Old Tappan Manor....it use to be called the Colonial Manor (i think).  If you look at the website its SOOO outdated, however, the place has JUST been redone.  They were a lot cheaper.  They were my second choice.  I choose not to go with them because when I was looking they were in mid-construction and I just couldnt book a place that I didn't know completely what it was going to look like.  However, they are finished now and I know someone who went there and said its beautiful and they actually booked there.  They were a lot cheaper then Il'Villaggios.   
    Posted by BridetoBe730[/QUOTE]

thank you! i'll definitely look into that other place! yea john gave us 2 dates that would have the viennese hour included in the price instead of $10 xtra a person..but yea, i dont know how my dad will feel about paying that hahaha but thanks again! i'll definitely look into more places, and see what happens (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_1st-venue-appt-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d30838d1-895b-4a8d-8c25-bc6a22dbb61bPost:e6fd55fe-18a1-4423-beea-0c46a2dc9c95">Re: 1st venue appt today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at The Graycliff.  The decor is so not our style, but we loved the food and the prices are great.  They have been wonderful to work with.  Definitely go to a tasting, we basically booked them based on the food.  Good luck!!  Let me know what you think of the place.
    Posted by rachaelb16[/QUOTE]

yay for graycliff..this was actually our 1st choice before seeing il villagio lol BUT my FH parents had their reception there when it was " george's " so there is a little back story as to why we would like to have it there..we go tomorrow! very excited (: ill definitely let ya know what i think!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_1st-venue-appt-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d30838d1-895b-4a8d-8c25-bc6a22dbb61bPost:9cbe38f8-e4dd-4968-ac44-24496e0ebed4">Re: 1st venue appt today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tini, I went to a bridal show at the landmark you get a lot for your money, and the food is excellent. I'm actually going to see it again with FI. I am in the venue selection process as well, I have a big list of venues I need to visit. My budget is under 95pp including tax and tip. Not sure what you budget is but I can give you some info, I did extensive research LOL
    Posted by NJgurl19[/QUOTE]

lol thanks! we have the landmark at the end of the month! My dad said he would be comfortable paying about 100-120 pp for about 125-150 people. So i mean thats a GREAT budget i would think so hopefully we can find something we will love with that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_1st-venue-appt-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d30838d1-895b-4a8d-8c25-bc6a22dbb61bPost:d2eb2e52-90f3-4064-a7af-6394ddbb18c8">Re: 1st venue appt today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got married at The Empire Club in Little Ferry. They are abou 5 minutes away from the Graycliff. You should check them out. We had our wedding on a Saturday and are very reasonably priced and offer alot for your money. Plus they only do one wedding. Good Luck
    Posted by gina1976[/QUOTE]

thank you! i will deifnitely check them out (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards