New Jersey
Options

Anyone getting married this Friday in Sparta?

My aunt saw this posting on craigslist and sent it to me....I figured Id pass it along since if I was this bride and didnt realize my videographer would sneak out on me, I would be really upset. Im hoping this person has informed the bride and she is OK with this:

te: 2012-10-21, 7:50PM EDT
zvbhd-3355437016@job.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am looking for a videographer to finish a wedding that I have on friday. I will shoot the ceremony but then have to leave for another job. I would need someone from 5-10 to just shoot the reception (b-roll of facilities, cake cutting etc, mostly dancing). Only respond if you have wedding experience and have a link to show me. The rate is $250 for the 5 hours. I prefer someone with their own equipment (camera, tripod, on camera light and mic to do interviews possibly at the end). If you are qualified and live a little distance away we will give gas money.
  • Compensation: $250

Re: Anyone getting married this Friday in Sparta?

• Options
    WOW that is SHADY!!  Hopefully the bride knows!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NOT cool. And seriously, 250 for the entire 5 hours, and this person thinks they will find someone with experience? That is laughable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I know- I wouldnt usually post something like this, but I know how important video was to me and I would feel terrible for someone to get a crappy video when they thought they hired someone good. This could also be a videographer for a company like the Pros where you dont know them ahead of time anyway, but still
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if it were someone on this board. People here are always trying to get a "deal". You get what you pay for.
  • Options
    bereasonable2, it sounds like the person posting is the videographer that was hired for the wedding.  But thanks for trying to put someone down for trying to get a deal...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_anyone-getting-married-this-friday-in-sparta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d33dad7b-503e-4fc3-92cd-ef8c5969992dPost:a7552883-5c8d-4156-9bd1-ba5958be0134">Re: Anyone getting married this Friday in Sparta?</a>:
    [QUOTE]bereasonable2, it sounds like the person posting is the videographer that was hired for the wedding.  But thanks for trying to put someone down for trying to get a deal...
    Posted by garbasaurus[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, you've clearly misunderstood what I wrote. Yes, I get that the person posting on CL is the videographer. I GET that. What I was saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if the person, who hired said videographer, was someone on this board. </div><div>
    </div><div>That's what happens when you cheap out. You get a shady ass videographer that doesn't want to work the entire time he's contracted for, so he's go out and find the lowest bidder to finish up the job that he's being paid for.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards