North Carolina
Options

XP:Rec's for cake vendors needed!

Hi there! I am currently at the point in planning where the cake is only thing left. I have priced out a few of the names that are often thrown around.. but they are upwards up $4.50-5.00 per slice. I am trying to keep it at $4 if not lower. Any recommendations? Will need delivery to downtown Raleigh area for reception. Thank you in advance!

Re: XP:Rec's for cake vendors needed!

• Options
    edited December 2011

A friend of mine used Wedding Cakes by Rose Marie for her wedding cake and stll raves about it.  I'm not at that stage in my planning and don't have any experience with this cake decorator but I thought I'd share the info with you anyway.
    Her website is http://weddingcakesbyrosemarie.vpweb.com/default.html
    Have fun trying all the yummy cake!

image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    CashWedding12CashWedding12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just signed with Christin's Cakes. Their cakes taste amazing, they don't charge you for multiple flavors, and their cakes are BEAUTIFUL. We are doing a 4 tier cake to serve 140 people and I wanted some sugar flowers... cost is about $550 which is $100 less than anyone else I've spoken with. We aren't doing fondant bc we just don't like it, but I believe even their fondant is in your price point. Good luck!
  • Options
    SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Sweet Memories in Apex.  They deliver to Raleigh for about $60 and their work is delicious and amazing.  I believe we paid $4/slice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cakes by Frances! She's out of Raleigh and does an amazing job. We're paying $2.25/slice. She's been doing wedding cakes for like 15 years and works out of her home bakery. She's great! http://www.cakesbyfrances.net/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just used Stephanie at Piece of Cake. She used to work out of her home but just opened a shop next to David's Bridal. The cake came out exactly how I wanted it & people are still talking about how good it was. I think it was $3.75 per slice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards