April 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding video Storymixmedia

We don't have anyone doing video and I want something. I got this in email the other day and it sounds neat and affordable. Anyone heard of this? http://weddings.storymixmedia.com/weddingwireoffer.html?utm_sourceEmailDirect.comutm_mediumEmailutm_campaignUpdates3aStorymixPromo1mo32f22
Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wedding video Storymixmedia

• Options
    I've never heard of them, and woud be careful about doing this only b/c I can take a  video like a pro, but then watching it later makes me ill from my lack of skill.  All that bouncing around makes me sick!  I do like that there are tutorials on their blog about how to minimize this...but would still unsure. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That sounds dangerous. Think about it. You're going to ask several guests to basically work & take a video. Plus, you are assuming that they will remember to film everything they were supposed to, not make noise behind, keep a steady hand, operate the camera properly. It's really asking a friend to be a professional. Then what happens if you're unhappy with the outcome. Perhaps 2/3 shooters have unsteady hands. You can't fight it & ask for your money back. It's not the company's fault, it's your friends. You certainly can't be mad at them b/c they're not professionals. 

I think your money can be used better elsewhere. 
  • Options
    I've seen something similar and thought about doing it, but I agree it may not come out very well.
  • Options
    Hi guys! I just wanted to say that I used Storymix for my wedding and I was very happy with the way it turned out! Obviously, it is not as high-quality as a professional photographer, but we actually ended up with some really fun footage and well-wishes from family and friends that we wouldn't have seen other wise. Plus, they give you more than one camera so you are sure to have all of the important shots that you want (we had me walking down the aisle from a couple different angles! It felt very personal, and you really can't beat the price! If you are just wanting simple video footage from your wedding, this is definitely the way to go!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_wedding-video-storymixmedia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:01c8cd3d-cf2b-43eb-a356-a1b6b1c50754Post:dc83876a-8cf0-48d8-ad05-a853303ebc24">Re: Wedding video Storymixmedia</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi guys! I just wanted to say that I used Storymix for my wedding and I was very happy with the way it turned out! Obviously, it is not as high-quality as a professional photographer, but we actually ended up with some really fun footage and well-wishes from family and friends that we wouldn't have seen other wise. Plus, they give you more than one camera so you are sure to have all of the important shots that you want (we had me walking down the aisle from a couple different angles! It felt very personal, and you really can't beat the price! If you are just wanting simple video footage from your wedding, this is definitely the way to go!
    Posted by hollymariebooth[/QUOTE]
    Hmm, so this is the first & only post you have on here & it just so happens to give a glowing review of a suspicious company? This is suspicious...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_wedding-video-storymixmedia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:01c8cd3d-cf2b-43eb-a356-a1b6b1c50754Post:4d8656ce-e4d0-401a-9e17-3030ea5a1e5d">Re: Wedding video Storymixmedia</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding video Storymixmedia : Hmm, so this is the first & only post you have on here & it just so happens to give a glowing review of a suspicious company? This is suspicious...
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep. Sketchy as F. </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    whoa! I don't work for Storymix if that's what you mean? Here is the video from my wedding: http://blog.storymixmedia.com/2011/10/holly-wes-diy-barn-wedding-in-ohio/
    I read these boards a lot, I just haven't commented on anything before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards