New Jersey
Options

NWR: ARGH!!

Ok, so last month, not only did my 11 year old car go kaput, we lost FI's grandmother, great-aunt, and very, very dear friend and co-professional of mine.

So, I bought a 2005 Prius. I was told I was approved for financing by myself. My dad helped me out with a downpayment (I've thanked him profusely, no way I could have done it on my own), and I signed the contract. I've already paid one month, plus the downpayment.

In the mail today, I got a letter from Toyota Motor Credit Corp. saying that my original application was denied, because of the length of the contract (66 months). Not because of my credit. Not because of anything, but they don't want the length. The woman who negotiated this with me no longer works at the dealership where I bought the car. The letter says that if I've signed the contract, already, I don't have to worry. Yet it also says they are offering me new terms - in a separate communication... which I do not have.

This makes no sense.

So, I called the dealership, spent 20 friggin minutes on hold, and finally get through to someone who says he will look into it. What the frig??

Grar.

Re: NWR: ARGH!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry- that sucks

*~allie~*

• Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Can you buy a cheaper car?

You can get an '09 Mazada 3 for about 10K and its a great little car with 33mpg.

Plus, a Toyota right now?!?

• Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Toyotas are fine. Media hype and one bad batch. :P

I picked a Prius for lots of reasons - the least of which being that I put over 1000 miles on it in a month of owning it! As for the price - well, I've spent less on a car (the VW that went kaput). It lasted me a fair amount of time, but the goal was to get me into a car that will last forever - or at least a lot longer. FI had an '86 Camry when I met him. We only got rid of it in 2008, and now he drives a 1997 Camry. In other words, you can't kill the dang things. (Oh, and hatchbacks. I need hatchbacks. The amount of stuff I've had to tote around for shows I do would boggle the mind.)

And, in the end, I've paid the downpayment, paid one month toward the contract... it's signed, sealed and executed. They may not like the odd term length (66 months), but I do believe they will have to deal with it! This reminds me... I should call them back, since I never heard from them last night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sucks!  I've never heard of anything like that.  I hope it all works out ok for you.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That's very strange.

I think getting 11 years out of a car is EXCELLENT. I really couldn't imagine even owning a car that long.

66 months is a really long payment period. This might be a blessing in disguise.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's auto-generated junk.

I rejected their first contract offering, because my bank was offering me better terms. So, Toyota credit automatically sends out a letter saying it was denied. Yeah, makes sense. Not.

I actually only got 7 1/2 years out of my VW - I got it second-hand. I got 2 years out of a 1986 VW before that. My mom has had her Honda for 11 years, my dad his Mitsubishi for 17 (?), I think. There's a VW floating around my cousins that is nearly as old as I am!

Getting less than 15 years out of a car in my family means I didn't take care of it right!

But, yeah, the 66 months is a great deal. I'm very pleased.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards