North Carolina
Options

Where to buy Flowers? Officiant Recommendation

Hi Knotties!

I hope you're doing well!  I need some help!!

I want to have the following flowers for my wedding:

White Peonies -- will be used for a bridal bouquet and very minimal decorations (40 stems the most)

White Garden Roses
Pink Garden Roses
Green Hydrangea
Any green fillers/any greenery

I know you can buy bulk floral from the following websites:

www.fiftyflowers.com
www.theflowerexhange.com
www.samsclub.com

Does anyone know where else I can purchase these flower?  Any farmer's market that would be willing to help and make it very affordable? I'm in the charlotte area.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for officiant -- we're having a civil ceremony type for the wedding ceremony.  we don't want any religious connotation because of our cultural background.  Anything you can help with will help.

I will only need this individual for an 1 hour for the day of the wedding, no rehearsal (yes, I'm taking a risk) but it's going to be very non-traditional.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Where to buy Flowers? Officiant Recommendation

• Options
    ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used samsclub.com for my flowers. They were wonderful and arrived on time. I recommend them.

We didn't have a rehearsal either and everything went fine! Don't worry!
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks soo much! I was the MOH in a wedding back in March and she ordered her flowers from Sam's Club as well.  They were beautiful and very affordable.
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, for officiant maybe check www.weddingbee.com? They have a great vendor-reviews section there. I'm in RDU and actually have a friend marrying us so I'm sorry I'm not more help!

I will say, I found most of my vendors either on here or through my photographer, so you can always ask the vendors you've already booked if they know someone. :)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What season for the flowers?? Peonies are a spring flower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_buy-flowers-officiant-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:817a1710-aa72-41cf-9b86-6c9651e447e3Post:a4100d98-9b4e-488e-ac28-c6401505be17">Re: Where to buy Flowers? Officiant Recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]What season for the flowers?? Peonies are a spring flower.
    Posted by sgreen13[/QUOTE]

My wedding date is December 11, 2010. I know it's during the Winter Season, so pretty much all the flowers I would be special orders.

I don't want too much peonies -- just for a nosegay style bridal bouquet and for minor centerpiece decoration.
  • Options
    LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you located?  There is a store in North Raleigh that has bulk flowers and walk in coolers.  They will even help you put together your bouquets.  It is at Wake Forest and Spring Forest, on the left side of the in a strip mall.  For the life of me I can't remember the name, but you should be able to google it!

As for who married me, we used a magistrate who was a friend.  They came out to our venue and did the ceremony just as I wanted, not the one that they use as standard.  If you know someone that is a judge or magistrate, they can do this legally and they cannot charge you- it's against the law.  That saved me some money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards