New Jersey
Options

Ivory Dress/White or Ivory Shoes?

I have an ivory dress, should I be looking for ivory shoes as well? There are so many more white shoes to choose from than ivory.

Re: Ivory Dress/White or Ivory Shoes?

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im doing Ivory, Im dying them. I found lots at Added Attractions in Garwood and they dye them for free.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do ivory (or make them ivory) or metallic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ivory. Just put something white next to your ivory dress and see how you feel about it.
  • Options
    tbrose16tbrose16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have an ivory dress and I'm doing ivory. I got mine from www.shoebuy.com. I know zappos.com, and shoes.com are good too as I've ordered from them before. These sites I think have a decent amount in ivory so you dont' have to dye them. Free shipping and return shipping too.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ivory. I bought white and thought they would work... went and put them together and it did NOT work. Returned and got ivory. They're perfect now. I got them direct from ninashoes.com- sign up for their emails and you get 20% off, I also waited for a free shipping so they were cheaper than zappos/shoebuy.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely ivory. A friend wore white shoes w/ her ivory gown and it looked terrible. I was so pleasantly surprised at how well my shoes and gown matched (both in ivory).

Nina's wedding shoes all come in ivory so you should definitely check out their website.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on how ivory your dress is. I felt like my dress was on the darker side of ivory so I went with ivory. I think some "ivory" dresses are closer to white (and probably some white shoes are little darker).
  • Options
    NJ JenNJ Jen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying a few in silver....
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PPs, Ivory.  I bought mine at Zappos.  I don't know if they match yet because my dress isn't in, but that's the beauty of free shipping and free return shipping!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ivory.  I got a pair at DB and they dyed them ivory and they look great.  The dyeing only cost $3.00 too.  I had to get a pair that was the right heel size so the dress would be the right length.  What are you doing for a veil though? The ivory veils look dusty/dirty to me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards