New Jersey
Options

Michael Distasio - Photography - Little Falls, NJ - Horrible Experience

Hello Future Brides to Be:

I want you all to stay clear from Michael Distasio. I got married 5 years ago and still waiting for my wedding album, raw video and 5 videos that were included in my wedding package. This photographer already has been paid in full and told us he could not give us our photos/video until everything was paid in full.

I have left numerous emails, voice mail and text messages for Michael and his wife Kathy and as of to date my husband and I have not heard back. It has been 5 years married and the only thing we have received was our thank you photos. Michael no longer has a secretary (going on two years now) hence to say why he does not answer any of our calls.

It is now to the point where my husband and I are going to a lawyer to get this resolved.

I just want to warn those bridges who are seeking a photographer not to go to MIchael Distasio. Who knows if I will eve get my video or photo album back and these are lifetime memories for my husband and I.

If there is anyone on this job board that has used Michael and Kathy and experiencing the same issues please let me know. I believe there are others out there where we can file a class action law suit against this horrible business.

Re: Michael Distasio - Photography - Little Falls, NJ - Horrible Experience

• Options
    My fiance and I went and had a meeting with him but after finding numerous bad reviews we decided against using him for our wedding photography.  And after reading this I am certainly glad we didn't!  I hope you can get this resolved soon.  Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck with your fight. That's really horrible that here it is 5 yrs later and you still have no photos or anything. I'm hoping you'll be able to get your money back and the photos.
    Who doesn't love shiny things? ;) Newjerseyweddingblog.com Kyweddingblog.com
  • Options
    I would compIetely agree with you this business is awful and I would NOT reccomend them to my worst enemy.  I am ready to seek outside council.  I would love to talk to you about a class action suit.  Also better business should be notified!! <a href="mailto:michaelle.negra@hotmail.com" rel="nofollow">michaelle.negra@hotmail.com</a> Email me!! I am in the process of experiencing this now it's incredibly fustrating, I live up the block and can't get a hold of them what BS!!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_michael-distasio-photography-little-falls-nj-horrible-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:e0c0895b-c39a-435c-8bea-be5cfbea4760Post:601ce42b-f103-4029-bc6f-715a921fd191">Michael Distasio - Photography - Little Falls, NJ - Horrible Experience</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Future Brides to Be: I want you all to stay clear from Michael Distasio. I got married 5 years ago and still waiting for my wedding album, raw video and 5 videos that were included in my wedding package. This photographer already has been paid in full and told us he could not give us our photos/video until everything was paid in full. I have left numerous emails, voice mail and text messages for Michael and his wife Kathy and as of to date my husband and I have not heard back. It has been 5 years married and the only thing we have received was our thank you photos. Michael no longer has a secretary (going on two years now) hence to say why he does not answer any of our calls. It is now to the point where my husband and I are going to a lawyer to get this resolved. I just want to warn those bridges who are seeking a photographer not to go to MIchael Distasio. Who knows if I will eve get my video or photo album back and these are lifetime memories for my husband and I. If there is anyone on this job board that has used Michael and Kathy and experiencing the same issues please let me know. I believe there are others out there where we can file a class action law suit against this horrible business.
    Posted by Ms.Sunny[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    OMG I got married 2 years ago and I'm still waiting!!! HORRIBLE!! I lost the password to log onto my photo album and I have been trying to get in touch with them FOR MONTHS. I have sent Millions of voicemails emails!! If Anyone wants to notify authorities or go further with this please let me know!! My email is tm721yahoo.com
  • Options
    I am the parent of a young woman who was married three years ago and used this photographer.  So far she and her husband have not received an Album from him.  They have tried to track him down, but Michael will not return their calls or e-mails.  They live on the west coast so it is difficult to do anything.  I was glad to see that others have responded on this site as well as others about their horrific experience with this man.  He is not who he says he is, and he is playing a dangerous game with couples who paid good money to have a wedding album made up for them.  I will say that, after many months, I, as a parent, was able to get in contact with him and I demanded that he make up a Parent Album for me and my husband, as well as the parents of the groom.  Michael did do it but it wasn't what he had promised my daughter and wasn't worth the money...it was small & incomplete. My son-in-law has said that there are at least 30 other couples who have not received an Album from this man.  Sometime last year, when he suddenly was able to make contact, Michael made up some lame excuse about their pictures being lost in a flood.  But that wasn't the case..because he has them on a CD, so he could very well produce an Album with no problem!  It has been lie after lie with him, and now he simply will not respond.  I sincerely hope that all the couples that have been duped by Michael will somehow be able to bring charges against him and his wife...if they can find out what their real names are!  For some strange reason, he keeps doing weddings for couples...I cannot figure out why he is still in business!  Sadly, you and others may never see an Album, but my daughter as been constantly requesting by e-mail that Michael simply turn over that CD Disc to them, with the rights, so that they can make up an Album of their own.  They have very little memories of their wedding, and can only hope that some justice will be brought soon!  I hope you are successful with a class-action law suit.  Has anyone tried using the Media/TV News Stations who do Investigations into criminal activity?  This man needs to be exposed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards