North Carolina

Mooresville Area Venues?

Hi friends!

I'm getting married in May 2012, and I'm having the hardest time finding a location to have this wedding!!!!! I'd like outdoor, but could do indoor too, and don't want it too far from the Mooresville area. We have family coming from WIsconsin and Chicago for the wedding and don't want it too far from where everyone will be staying.

The wedding will be a fun but romantic feel, colors pink and orange, nothing too huge, probably 100 or so people. Everything I'm finding is more of an old-fashoned style and we want more modern.

I've neer imagined getting married so I never really had a "dream wedding" in mind, and since we are not from the area, I have no idea how to find this stuff!!

Thanks for any tips or help!!! :)

Re: Mooresville Area Venues?

• edited December 2011
    I grew up in Mooresville and know of a couple of places. Most of them are country clubs....The Point Lake and Golf Club (I have seen modern weddings done there)...They have a rustic and romantic feel

The Peninsula Country Club (in Cornelius), River Run Country Club (In Davidson), and Birkdale (In Huntersville) Verdict Ridge Golf Course is off of Lake Norman

As for non golf courses they have Carrigan Farms in Mooresville, Vintage Motor Club in Concord, The Arbors in Cleveland, NC......This is only 15 minutes from Mooresville and looks gorgeous!!

I hope this helped!!
  • jonjoyphotojonjoyphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at River Run Country Club in Davidson and it was very nice. Everyone there was very friendly and help full. The ceremony was outside  and the reception was indoors. As a wedding photographer I feel it has a lot of great photo opps there as well.

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Point next March... it was everything we were looking for.  I would say its not really modern feeling, but is beautiful.

Before making that decision, we also visited River Run in Davidson and North Stone in Huntersville.  River Run was great, but I wasn't in love with the back up plan in case it rains.  I was very unimpressed with North Stone, the event coordinator there seemed very uninterested in "selling" the venue to us and the venue itself was unimpressive. 

If you really want a modern venue, there's some very cool spaces in Uptown Charlotte as well as some great hotels for events in the South Charlotte area.  I remember peeking at them online, but didn't visit any since they weren't what we were going for. If you check out the NC vendors listing on here, you'll see them.
  • edited December 2011
    The Arbors looked like it might fit your bill -- it was out of our price range but I really liked the looks of it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • edited December 2011

My colors were pink and orange too. That is not a color combo you see much! If you need any ideas for decorations email me at cassandra@everlastingimpressionsnc.com and I can email you some of my wedding photos!

• edited December 2011
    I work in Davidson...have you looked at The North Harbour Club? We take a lot of work clients there. It's on the lake, but not sure if it rents out for receptions. Good luck!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BridalBunny28BridalBunny28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You all are so helpful! I'm going to write all of these places down and tie down my fiance so we can check them all out! I've had a few people talk about the point and river run, I'm so excited to check these plases out!!!!

You all are great!!! Thank you!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards