New Jersey
Options

Wedding Bands in NJ

Hey- I am new to the site & am recently engaged!  We are planning our wedding for September 2012 & we are looking for a fantastic cover/wedding band for our wedding.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks for your help!

Re: Wedding Bands in NJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What's your budget?  We're using Time Machine and they're excellent, but even they offer different options for very different prices.
  • Options
    kozacskozacs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Craig Scott Entertainment has a few bands at different price points.  We are using Phase One. 
  • Options
    amilan26amilan26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions!  My parents are paying for the band so right now I am just shopping around.  Have either of you heard of Brian Kirk & the Jirks?  One of my co-workers recommended them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cant recommend my band Veronica Martell Entertainment highly enough. They were AMAZING and I cant tell you how many of our guests during the wedding and after have asked me for contact info to book them. Truly the best band at a wedding we have ever heard. Here is a blog she wrote about our wedding: http://veronicamartellentertainment.over-blog.com/

The other plus is Veronica is a fantastic business woman, highly organized, etc which some bands arent. So booking then is 100% stress free! Good luck :) And if you call her, please tell her Erin sent you :)
  • Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Soul Revival and they were amazing!!!  They were great at our wedding and so easy to work with.  I highly recommend them!!  Their website is:  www.soulrevivalband.com
    HTH!
    Rose
  • Options
    sarahw311sarahw311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-bands-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:e63cef27-7dd9-48c5-bb26-acf842fff6f2Post:170d631c-5c3e-4d40-b0dd-c7b8a4b83df7">Re: Wedding Bands in NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had Soul Revival and they were amazing!!!  They were great at our wedding and so easy to work with.  I highly recommend them!!  Their website is:   <a href="http://www.soulrevivalband.com" rel='nofollow'>www.soulrevivalband.com</a> HTH! Rose
    Posted by Roseinbloom2[/QUOTE]

I also highly recommend Soul Revival. They played our wedding last month, and they were amazing!!!!!
    image 193 invited
    image 150 are ready to party image 43 are missing out image0 are MIA
    RSVP Date: July 19
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JcilenteJcilente member
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Brian Kirks and the Jirks! So excited to have them play for us and if you contact them, Nicole is who helped us out with everything (ask for her, she was wonderful).

Good luck!
  • Options
    agu101agu101 member
    edited December 2011
    We're using Daddy Pop.  They play around the shore bars and do a wide range of cover songs.  They played a friends wedding a few years ago and we loved them so much we had to hire them for our wedding.  We took my parents to see them perform at a bridal show and even they were impressed (and my parents are SO not hip when it comes to musuc).  Brian Kirk & the Jerks are good too.
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-bands-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:e63cef27-7dd9-48c5-bb26-acf842fff6f2Post:8e3bf8f2-8175-4a1f-b228-da7a37a75ef2">Re: Wedding Bands in NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for your suggestions!  My parents are paying for the band so right now I am just shopping around.  Have either of you heard of Brian Kirk & the Jirks?  One of my co-workers recommended them. 
    Posted by amilan26[/QUOTE]

I am very familiar with them and one of my girlfriends sings with them sometimes.  They are a lot of fun
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with others: Brian Kirk and the Jirks are GREAT, but they come with a huge price tag. 

My recommendation is Garden State Radio. They play all the shore bars too just like BK+J, but they're younger, they'll learn anything you want them to, dress however you'd like, and they have a dual-fronted band. They're main singer is Kelly Caruso. She was an American Idol Hollywood Week finalist twice! She's so friendly and an amazing singer, and the other singer is a young guy named Dan. He's very energetic, fun, and has a killer rock and roll voice but also sings songs by Sublime, Pink, etc. 

They're a lot of fun to watch, and they're SO accommodating for weddings. It's nice cause you can count on a beautiful female voice without paying for the extra band-member. My brother booked BK+J and he was told he'd have to pay another $500 just for the female band member to go. 

Just so you have an idea on costs: BK+J 6 piece for my brother's Friday August wedding is around 7k. When we asked Garden State Radio for a quote, they told us around 4k. Really great price for just as entertaining of a band. 

Check them out! I think you'll really like them! I love them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used the Dream Team of NYC Swing.  They were awsome!
  • Options
    amilan26amilan26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!  Just great!  I think I am going to go with Brian Kirk & the Jirks.  They offered a lot of different packages for different prices & I thought the pricing was pretty reasonable.  One of the biggest factors for me was that a lot of bands I spoke with play a certain amount of sets with several breaks.  BKJ only take one break for dinner & play for the rest of the time!  They also are able to learn songs for my wedding too which is fantastic.  And I did speak with Nicole & she is wonderful.  Very sweet & very quick/thorough responses.  I'll let you know how it goes!
  • Options
    sparklesf611sparklesf611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you are still looking but I went to a wedding with Rhythm Revue, a Hank Lane band, they were fantastic.
  • Options
    nfresco25nfresco25 member
    edited December 2011
    i saw Time Machine at a bridal show they were awesome!
  • Options
    I Love Dadypop. Can you tell me how much they are?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards