New Jersey
Options

***kle0113***

I just saw that you used Fr. George Lucey as your officiant.  FI and I have a meeting with him this Saturday.  I know you said you liked him, but can you give me any more information about him?  What was your first meeting like?  What is he like... traditional, funny, conservative...?  What was your ceremoney like?

Any info at all would be great!  :-)
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ***kle0113***

• Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly he was fantastic.  I cannot say enough good things about him.  MH is a lot more religious then my family is and this was big to him (them) seeing how we were not getting married in the church.  MH tought religion and went to Catholic school his whole life up until his junior year of HS.  He wanted someone that was still practicing the faith and not someone who left the faith for marraige and was just doing this to make money on the side because they can. 

He is very warm and friendly...very welcoming!  He is also the bishop of Cameroon and had just gotten back from a trip there when we met with him and was showing us pictures from the trip.  MH was also talking a lot of religion with him because he knows it very well so he really like Fr. Lucey and when I tell you this was all his decision, it was.  We pretty much booked him on the spot. 

He is very open and honest with you.  He left the Catholic church after a falling out with the highers that be.  From what we gathered he was pretty high up and just walked away after that falling out, but still wanted to practice the faith so he started with St. Frances. 

Our ceremony was awesome.  We had some laughs and Fr. Lucey speaks clearly and loudly so that everyone can hear him.  I really cannot say enough good things about him. 

Any other questions let me know.  I will be happy to answer them. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your VERY thorough response!!  :-) 

Like I said, we're meeting with him this Saturday, so I'll let you know how it goes!  Thanks again!
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards