New Jersey
Options

Hand calligraphy Issue

I've been contacting people for quotes on addressing the outside of my invitation envelopes using hand calligraphy - as in, a person uses a calligraphy pen and her hand and makes my invitation look fancy (my deifnition, not from Webster's, hahaha). Several people have gotten back t me with their price and to say that yes they address by hand, Well I got this response today that said this:

"I do only hand-lettered calligraphy. What most professional calligraphers do in regards to an invitation is design, by hand, one mastercopy of an invitation and enclosure and that mastercopy is taken to a printer or stationer for reproduction (copies of the original). Basically what you're paying for is a one of a kind designed invitation. If each and every invitation were handlettered by a professional calligrapher it would start at least at $50 each and would probably take 4 to 6 weeks. Another option to personalize an invitation is to have the bride and groom's names handlettered (and then reproduced) and the stationer/printer can pair it with a nice contrasting font"

What the heck does she mean? So um, is that a no, it's not hand calligraphy? Is she talking about digital? And what does she mean by $50 an invite??? I'm getting quotes of $2 per envelope!

Anniversary Photobucket

Re: Hand calligraphy Issue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It seems like she's talking about having calligraphy invitations... which you aren't asking for... you just want envelopes, right?
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She is talking about having the invitations themselves, and not the recipients' addresses, handwritten.  That isn't what you're looking for.  I would write back and clarify that you're looking to get the envelopes addressed.

(An example of what she's talking about: http://www.lhcalligraphy.com/invitations/set_006/006.html)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes. I specifically asked her the price for addressing invitation evelopes using hand calligraphy, not digital.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok thank you! I had told her that the invites were taken care of, and the return address on the outer envelope will be printed to match the font on the invite, and all I needed was the guets' addresses done in hand. This has been very confusing! Thanks for clearing it up!
    Anniversary Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards