North Carolina
Options

Wedding Consultant worth it? Best in area?

Getting married in Sept 2011 and we have a budget of about 12k.  Wondering if getting a wedding consultant is worth the cost, in the opinion of those who have gone through it, and if so, could ppl who had similar budget recommend some in the Charlotte area?

Re: Wedding Consultant worth it? Best in area?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a day of coordinator is definitely worth it!  They keep the bride isolated from any issues that may pop up on the wedding day. They keep all of the vendors organized and if any vendors have questions, they talk to the coordinator instead of you so you can relax on your wedding day.  If you aren't familiar with Charlotte wedding vendors, it may be helpful to hire a wedding planner early on.  They can give you referrals based on their experience with different vendors. 

Check out Head Over Heels wedding planning:
    http://www.lauramassie.com/

• Options
    edited December 2011
     I would go with a day-of-coordinator. Will help lower your stress level. I also don't want my mom to worry about things. This is her last wedding. I want her to sit back, relax, and enjoy.

I have a DOC, but I'm in the Chapel Hill area. I can check and see if she will travel. Let me know if you are interested.

Shelly
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Def go with a day of coordinator, but make sure your ceremony/reception site doesn't have one included. If they do, use them.
  • Options
    lrcarterlrcarter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married in 2011 and found that a wedding coordinator is totally worth it. Especially if you have busy work hours they can do all the initial contacts and planning for you. I'm using Yeng's Wedding http://www.yengswedding.com as my wedding planner. She charged me a flat rate which made it easy for me to fit into my budget.
  • Options
    jsilimonjsilimon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey cursive_lament!
    I
    was curious to see if you found a wedding venue in your price range.
    I am looking for wedding venues wherein the total cost is no more that $12K-15K, and was wondering if you had any recommendations based upon your searches.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards