New Jersey
Options

Guest List...

We are in the process of making a tentative guest list and we have come to a bump in the road...

I say that since we are on a budget and we have single friends/family members that we are required to invite them with a guest.  He says he think's that it is nicer if we do.  What are your thoughts?

Jill
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Guest List...

• Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You aren't required to do anything, it is your wedding you can do what you want.

Personally, we invited everyone with a guest.  We just felt it was the right thing to do for us.   But you have to decide what you want to do.
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are inviting anyone in a serious relationship with a guest, anyone else no.  It's too much money for us to spend on someone to bring a friend just so they feel they brought a guest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_guest-list-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:f1e7088d-a8b6-40f0-bf79-87d99ed1328fPost:5953bd98-759d-4c21-b140-805bb943b3b6">Re: Guest List...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You aren't required to do anything, it is your wedding you can do what you want. Personally, we invited everyone with a guest.  We just felt it was the right thing to do for us.   But you have to decide what you want to do.
    Posted by goaliegirl[/QUOTE]

We did just this.  And those that were invited with a guest, many of them did not bring one.
  • Options
    rubyfrubyf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_guest-list-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f1e7088d-a8b6-40f0-bf79-87d99ed1328fPost:9ced2725-bb10-4cf4-9db5-c7640cc50a14">Re: Guest List...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are inviting anyone in a serious relationship with a guest, anyone else no.  It's too much money for us to spend on someone to bring a friend just so they feel they brought a guest.
    Posted by sgdc2011[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We wanted to stick to our budget and invite more friends and family we are closer to than to have a distant cousin bring a random friend.  If they are in a serious relationship and they have been together for a decent amount of time we allowed a guest.  Everyone else, no (unless it was one of our siblings...they are the only exception)</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we invited some with guests in a serious relationship but have had some rsvp with guest that were never invited with a guest! sooo frustrating!
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also only invited people in serious relationships with a guest (and addressed them by name).  You have to draw the line somewhere, and for us that was it.  You have to remember that you can't make everyone happy, and someone will always  be unhappy, no matter what you do.  

• Options
    ellevellev member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just making my guest list too and encountering this very same thing. It's really helpful to hear that I'm not alone with making this tough decision. I think I may be leaning toward doing the "+1's" because I think people will really appreciate it but not abuse it. This may come back to bite me in the a$$ though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards