North Carolina
Options

Holden Beach wedding...fall 2013

Hi there! We just got engaged last week, but we've known we want to get married at my fiance's family beach house in Holden Beach! I wasn't sure whether to post here or in OBX weddings, but HB is kinda far from OBX.

Does anyone have experience or know someone that has gotten married at Holden Beach, Ocean Isle Beach or Oak Island?

We live in PA and I know it's going to be a challenge planning a wedding from out of state, but I know we can do it!

I need suggestions on photographers (small business pref.) and transportation/lodging.

We are getting married in sept or october of 2013 and the wedding/reception will both take place at the beach house (which has a huge side yard and backs up to the ICW)

We need to rent tents/tables/chairs....have a caterer & bartender (we will supply booze if allowed)

Any tips on DIY/planning/etc will be super duper appreciated!!!!

Re: Holden Beach wedding...fall 2013

• Options
    Richard Ellis Photography is the best photographer!! He is based in Charleston but frequently photographs weddings in North Carolina. He is not only talented but has a super fast turn around. You will have your photos one week after your wedding, gauranteed. Check out his work below. 

• Options
    I am planning a wedding for my kids in Sunset Beach, not far from Holden Beach. So far we found George from Costal tentand events, we are renting a bamboo arch and chairs from him. He sets up and picks up when it is over , very reasonable $2.50 for chairs and 150.00 for arch.

Also have people staying at the condos in a glof community, you don't have to be a member, it's pretty and they can play golf if they come early.

As far as DIY we are making favors from sand dollars, writting the names and date on them and trying them with a pink(that's their color) ribbon, can be used as a Christmas ornament. Saw them displayed in a wooden tray filled with sand, very cute.

My daughter in law also found a place to print lables for water bottles to be giver out at the ceremony, never know about the heat down here.  Hopes this helps
  • Options
    Use Camil KIng as your photographer. She is very very cheap and does high quality work. She is located in Southport.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The star fish earings picked bylvsingle86 are beautiful.Where can I get them?
  • Options
    II love the star fish earings you put on your favorites, I want to buy them for my daughter-in-law. where can I buy them?n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_holden-beach-weddingfall-2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:8b6f889b-bf42-40f2-910c-4f1e77727b9cPost:5668ee53-f676-4f15-81ba-12159d6e0330">Re: Holden Beach wedding...fall 2013</a>:
    [QUOTE]Use Camil KIng as your photographer. She is very very cheap and does high quality work. She is located in Southport.
    Posted by kvsingleton86[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I am a wedding photographer in Charlotte. Not far from Holden Beach. Here's my Facebook page if you want to check out my work. I will travel and my prices are very reasonable. Possibly cheaper than local photographers in your area. My website link with pricing is there as well. www.facebook.com/bsmithphotographync
  • Options
    bryce lafoon photography has been excellent
  • Options
    First of all Congrats on your engagement!  Take it from someone that wanted to do it all ~ hire a wedding planner/designer.  I found that my planner actually saved us tons of money becuase she knew the best of the best in NC and  they gave her better prices than I would of got.  Also she did the decor hersellf so she made my wedding day more than I could of ever asked for!  I gave her my budget (and it was not big at all) and she made it work !  Her name is Julie from everything I DO (www.everythingIDOweddings.com).  But there are tons of planners out there so if she is not available look at others!  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards