North Carolina
Options

Thanks Ladies!

I just want to say thanks! 

I am not an avid poster, and don't spend time lurking the boards.  However, on the two occasions I have started a post on the international board, I have had snarky brides jump on me.  I can be sassy (to say it nicely); however, I don't snap judge or give unwanted opinions.  Yet it is hard for me to bit my tongue when I encounter a snarky bride or rude people in general.  I just don't understand why people feel the need to be rude to someone seeking advice or a sympathetic ear.

So I would like to say thank you to you, North Carolina brides, for not being like some of the brides on the international board.  My experience on this board has been pleasant, and I feel "safe" posting here.  I feel like the feedback I get from y'all is more thoughtful and less snarky.   So thanks!Laughing
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thanks Ladies!

• Options
    uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    woot!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw your "honeymoon registry" post on R&G and immediately thought...uh oh. The international boards can be very helpful, just lurk a little before posting. There's about 5 posts a day about HM registries (and the consensus is that they're rude) so you can understand why some posters get irritated with the sheer volume of these posts. Don't be scared of the international boards, those ladies may be a little blunt but you'll get great advice.

We're a little less harsh here, so stick around :)
  • Options
    klaphamklapham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JaiteJanerico : you spoke too soon! Don't worry girl. I got your back ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_thanks-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:8b742ccb-4e34-4113-bbcd-cfb40975dc72Post:c76f16cb-3f63-4988-aea7-9796ca84b220">Re: Thanks Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]JaiteJanerico : you spoke too soon! Don't worry girl. I got your back ;)
    Posted by klapham[/QUOTE]

I know, right!  I thought the same things.  I had my mean girl phase, in high school, but I grew up and realized that there is nothing to be gained from hurting other people's feelings on purpose.  I also decided that if it makes other people happy to call me names and try to tear me down then far be it from me to deny them their happiness.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards