New Jersey

contract

So FI and I finally picked a place for our reception and we are going tonight to sign the contract. (SOO excited!) Does anyone have any suggestions on things we should make sure are added in addition to the regular contract?  I'm nervous that we are going to forget to mention something really important.  
Anniversary

Re: contract

• edited December 2011
    Where are you signing? Some girls will have insight in to the place or add-ons to ask for.

Either way if something is said to you that will be added, discounted, or anything get it on the contract.
  • edited December 2011
    My only advice would be to make sure EVERYTHING is in writing...even if they say, "oh the cake is standard in our agreement..."ask them to right it down., linens and what not as well.  Definitely saves any headaches later on...Good Luck!!

Where did you pick?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked The Manor in West Orange. 
    Anniversary
  • JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you read the fine print. like if they have a right to change rooms on you.. etc. and have them initial everything and you too. so that it is there in writing!
  • kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_contract?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:f59ac49d-a829-4e82-a6e6-71378ebd4b8cPost:2de46cbf-d4dc-41e7-896a-77153fc87ccf">Re: contract</a>:
    [QUOTE]My only advice would be to make sure EVERYTHING is in writing...even if they say, "oh the cake is standard in our agreement..."ask them to right it down., linens and what not as well.  Definitely saves any headaches later on...Good Luck!! Where did you pick?
    Posted by wagnerdi[/QUOTE]

I second this.  I had everything spelled out.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards