New Jersey
Options

Do venues give out your email??

has anyone noticed receiving emails from vendors you haven't sign up with? I'm getting a ton of vendor emails for photography and djs, but I didn't give any of them my email address. I know this because I have one email that I use for correspondence (my normal personal email), and then I set up another email specifically for wedding vendors (ladies I highly suggest you do this). I use my regular personal email to correspond with venues (setting up visits, tastings, etc) and I will use the other one only for bridal shows when you go around filling out all of those vendor email lists. I've only been to one bridal show so far, but I'm getting a ton of vendor emails on my regular email, which I've only used with the venues. It's really annoying. The only thing can think of is that the venues give it to their preferred vendors?

Re: Do venues give out your email??

• Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you use that same email when you signed up for TK? Because I think they give our your email.

Photobucket
  • Options
    gina613gina613 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I signed up for something (pretty sure it was njwedding.com but who can keep track?) and it sent my contact info to a LOT of different vendors, mostly venues... and then the emails I was getting back from these vendors all said "Thanks for requesting info from us" ... it sucked but luckily I used an email address that I made especially for wedding stuff so I don't mind it getting spammed out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't even remember signing up for NJWedding.com, but that's where most people are getting my e-mail address from.  I just unsubscribe from their mailing lists.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ues i also think when you go to bridal shows they send all of your info out.  Because i only visited who we had left to book (dj and photographer) and i get all these calls and emails from make up and wedding planners and everyone else saying it ws so nice to met you at the bridal show -when i know i didnt meet them there
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards