New Jersey
Options

Disappointing customer service!

I am truly surprised and saddened by my experience with vendors so far. John from Aria Melody dj's and Stephanie Jones [Photography] both displayed such poor customer service, I would never use or recommend them. What a disappointment! After reading their reviews online I expected, at the least, total professionalism. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Disappointing customer service!

• Options
    Before you re-think contacting a vendor becasue someone posted they didn't like them with any other information.
    What did these vendors do wrong? Why would you ignore the good reviews you read just because someone posted they weren't happy?
  • Options
    Good point TLuvT, I have been working with Stephanie Jones and couldn't be happier with everything so far... I've never waited for more then a few hours for a response and the pictures so far (engagement) have been great!  

So I guess to each his(her) own!!  I'd be curious what happened that was so bad it caused OP to put it on this board.
  • Options
    I also would not take a review with someone who had 3 posts who joined TK less then a  month before the time of posting that serious... They are most likely a competitor or have a personal issue with the company. Theres a reason no one else responded to this thread...
  • Options
    Wow. Why do some of you girls act so nasty on these boards? This is why I don't get too involved...I find it difficult to communicate this way. But now I'm going to because that last message was so wrong. What makes you act that way? The reality is that I'm a young woman getting married and am completely green when it comes to all things bridal. I came on here for guidance. I posted about my experience with those vendors because I would like to know both good and bad about all of these service providers. I have high expectations of respect and professionalism and so far I have been feeling like nothing more than a number with a bunch of money. I wanted to express my disappointment and give you girls a chance to hear another side. I would be happy to message someone privately if you wanted to know my specific experience. I really want to say that this is such a special time for us and we should try to be kind and supportive of one another, not judgmental and nasty.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_disappointing-customer-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f7ee3b36-acce-4cbc-bbec-17105c354459Post:6cebe505-2845-4528-bd19-84ba0a7f6a53">Re: Disappointing customer service!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also would not take a review with someone who had 3 posts who joined TK less then a  month before the time of posting that serious... They are most likely a competitor or have a personal issue with the company. Theres a reason no one else responded to this thread...
    Posted by shoebie420[/QUOTE]

I disagree, looking at the OPs other posts I don't see the usual vendor pattern.  I would however like to know what constitutes "disappointing customer service" in the OPs eyes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_disappointing-customer-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f7ee3b36-acce-4cbc-bbec-17105c354459Post:324aa572-7233-4669-81b2-01a54a871d16">Re: Disappointing customer service!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow. Why do some of you girls act so nasty on these boards? This is why I don't get too involved...I find it difficult to communicate this way. But now I'm going to because that last message was so wrong. What makes you act that way? The reality is that I'm a young woman getting married and am completely green when it comes to all things bridal. I came on here for guidance. <strong>I posted about my experience with those vendors because I would like to know both good and bad about all of these service providers. I have high expectations of respect and professionalism and so far I have been feeling like nothing more than a number with a bunch of money. I wanted to express my disappointment and give you girls a chance to hear another side.</strong> I would be happy to message someone privately if you wanted to know my specific experience. I really want to say that this is such a special time for us and we should try to be kind and supportive of one another, not judgmental and nasty.
    Posted by danamiceli[/QUOTE]

You didn't really post about your experience, though, you simply said that you were disappointed in their customer service which can mean a number of things.  It helps if you can give some specifics so others can know what constitutes good customer service to YOU, and give you advice accordingly (if that's something you want.)  It's fine to vent here, but you can't control other people's reactions to what you post.

For what it's worth, I took your original post as frustration from a bride early in the planning process.  I also had the thought that you (general you, not you specifically) have to take online reviews with a grain of salt because some of them are honest opinions from real brides, and some of them are glowing tributes from the vendors themselves, disguised as real brides. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_disappointing-customer-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f7ee3b36-acce-4cbc-bbec-17105c354459Post:0dd6b23f-310b-4f6e-9943-f3c92a83deb4">Disappointing customer service!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am truly surprised and saddened by my experience with vendors so far. John from Aria Melody dj's and Stephanie Jones [Photography] both displayed such poor customer service, I would never use or recommend them. What a disappointment! After reading their reviews online I expected, at the least, total professionalism. Has anyone else experienced this?

To answer your original question - I don't know that I encountered any vendors that I felt were unprofessional, but I definitely got the vibe from some that I was just a bunch of dollar signs.  My best success with vendors was to go into meetings knowing what I wanted, how much I wanted to spend, and what type of person I wanted to deal with, and that worked for me in every case.

• Options
    I think everyone is entilted to their own opinions and I'm sure for EVERY company out there there is a mix of good and bad reviews.  OP, I'm sorry you feel you got negative responses to your note... my personal response was really one of shock then anything else since I have had such a different experience!

And OP on a side note - when I first joined I did feel the same way you did about certain negativity on some responses on the boards.  I haven't found it with a majority of the postings, and chose to stay and am so glad I did since there has been a LOT of helpful information.  I had a bad experience with a photographer I actually hired and then let go (becuase I couldn't get a call back for 3 weeks!) before I went with Stephanie.  I completely understand how frustrating that can be.  When you find the right one for you, it will just click (or at least that's what happened with me!)

Good luck with the rest of your planning! And if you do stay on these boards, I'm sure will find tons of helpful resources...
  • Options
    If you're going to pick apart my words, moderator, I will yours. I'm not trying to "control" anyone's responses. I'm saying that, in general, each of us should try to be the most kind, supportive, respectful, mindful people we can be. I just expected something different here. The specifics of my experience are too many to type on my phone. It takes me forever. It's not worth it to me anymore anyway. There is such a negative, toxic feel going on here! It's so unnecessary. This whole message board thing is not me and I'm feeling totally uncomfortable with where this has gone. I didn't realize how serious this is all taken, or else I wouldn't have posted.
  • Options
    P.S. If you can delete this whole thing, moderator, please do. It's absurd.
  • Options
    Wow. I tried to give you advice in the most respectful way, and answer your question, and you are acting like a brat. No one here was rude to you, least of all me.

• Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_disappointing-customer-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f7ee3b36-acce-4cbc-bbec-17105c354459Post:c611e403-bb1b-4dfb-b08b-b8a86d94bd2f">Re: Disappointing customer service!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're going to pick apart my words, moderator, I will yours. I'm not trying to "control" anyone's responses. I'm saying that, in general, each of us should try to be the most kind, supportive, respectful, mindful people we can be. I just expected something different here. <strong>The specifics of my experience are too many to type on my phone. It takes me forever. It's not worth it to me anymore anyway.</strong> There is such a negative, toxic feel going on here! It's so unnecessary. This whole message board thing is not me and I'm feeling totally uncomfortable with where this has gone.<strong> I didn't realize how serious this is all taken, or else I wouldn't have posted.</strong>
    Stating that you had a bad experience, but then not sharing at least the smallest details with others doesn't really help future brides. It is unfair to speak badly about a vendor, but then not give good reasoning. You are defaming their character without proof. That is why it is 'taken so seriously.' <div>
    </div><div>On a side note, if you think the moderator was harsh or rude in her words, you have another thing coming if you venture to any of the international boards on here. </div>
  • Options
    The OP is obviously a vendor trying to bash those other vendors! Get the pitchforks!

/end sarcasm
  • Options
    Thank you, last poster. I mean really. What is wrong with some of you? I have another thing coming? I am such a nice, normal person and I feel like I entered an alternate universe where its okay to be rude and judgmental of one another. I agree about not defaming anyone, but the immediate response was so unexpected and ridiculous to me that I said forget it! I will try to explain now. The bottom line with the vendors is this: I loved their style and had strong interest in both and made that very clear. Each was available and I excitedly requested to meet. I was left hanging for more than a week in both instances; told me he had someone on hold (after stating that there was no hold without a deposit and that no one had left one for my date) and the other told me she was available and asked me when I could meet. I sent her a reply immediately and got no reply. She said my 2nd and 3rd emails to her went in her junk folder and she was now busy because she was going so Jamaica for a destination wedding. That is the best explanation I have without verbally telling you all the story, particularly the tone in which this was all handled. Not good. Moderator, I don't know exactly what your position is on the knot (besides obviously knowing what the word moderator means), but I would think as a representative of the website you would refrain from name-calling. If some of the above posts (yours included) aren't rude in your opinion, then we have conflicting ideas about good social skills. I'm sorry, but that brat comment is offensive. I still would prefer if it if you could delete all of this nonsense. Im sorry if I offended any of you normal, nice people out there. My intention was to express my frustration and see how you all were faring with vendors.
  • Options
    Ok, well this was interesting.  I did a search for myself to see what I would find.  Let me defend myself please.  :)
    I looked up 'danamiseli's' profile, and her wedding date was November 18, 2012.

I already had a wedding booked for November 17th, and I won't take back to back weddings, as I don't feel I'd be at my best the day after covering a wedding.

Also, She mentioned the 'he' she was talking about holding a date,  and that I (the other photographer) told her I'd get back to her after a destination wedding in Jamaica. 

I have never been to Jamaica.   So, I encourage everyone to read several reviews and meet with a vendor yourself, whether itbe in person, or on the phone, or skype,  Having said that, yes, it may have been another photographer who had it in for me or something. who knows.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards