North Carolina
Options

Raleigh ladies: North Hills

We're toying around with the idea of either having an after party or going out near our hotel the night of our wedding. Our reception will be over by 5 at the latest so we would like to celebrate with some of our close friends later that night. Since going out requires no additional planning we're leaning in that direction right now.

Anyway, we're going to go look at the Renaissance North Hills. I heard it was really nice. I have only been out to North Hills for shopping and for dinner once. I know nothing about where to go for drinks. Can you ladies recommend anywhere? TIA

Re: Raleigh ladies: North Hills

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not really related, but whenever I think of North Hills I still think of the gross, dingy mall that used to be there haha.
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm I don't really drink so I'm no help there, but just wanted to say we're staying at the Renaissance on our wedding night and we're so excited! 
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fox and Hound is a popular place to go - and there are several restaurants that have bars like Midtown or Firebirds.
  • Options
    wendyh33wendyh33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Krystal-
    This has nothing to do with North Hills...

I saw your reception will be done by 5. Are you having a morning ceremony? I am having a morning ceremony followed by reception. Do you have a day of timeline?
    I'm thinking 10:30 ceremony and noon reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When I travel to visit my family, we have been exploring new restaurants in that area.  We've been to Vivace (modern Italian) and I thought that the food, decor and atmosphere were great!  I would definitely consider it myself if I were doing my After Party in Raleigh.  I've also been to Coquette (French brasserie-pretty good crepes for brunch btw) which has a bit more of a laid back vibe.  Good luck!

• Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh, I LOVE Vivace! It's so good! 

I think it would be really fun to kind of hop around the bars at the restaurants in the area.  I went to Midtown & Bar 115 for my birthday. They have a pretty big bar area and it was good too! Mura is also great. It's really close to the hotel too. They have a lot of specialty martinis that are delish!  That'd be a fun place to stop in at for a couple drinks. 
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies, I'll definitely keep those places in mind!

Wendy, I am doing a morning ceremony. it's at 11:30 and the reception is at 12:30. Right now I just have a rough day of timeline but I hope to pin down a more detailed one in the next week or so. e-mail me at matthewsk1216 at gmail dot com and I'll send you what I have so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed there for my bachelorette party.  It was a great time - there's quite a few resturants around there...no bars from what i can remember.  We took a quick cab to Glenwood to go out.
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vivace has a great outdoor patio, if it's a nice day.  It does get a bit busy, though.

If you're looking for something other than just drinks, Glenwood South would be a better choice.  There's more variety.  Solas is a bit South Beach, but has both drinks and dancing--with a see through dance floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards