New Jersey
Options

$75/ pp?! Help..

Due to financial circumstances we are looking for a venue around 75/pp ( $100 or less with taxes and fees) for a 2012 wedding. We were hoping for a warmer month wedding but since finances are tight November is an option as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I feel like we've hit a dead end in our search.

Re: $75/ pp?! Help..

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our reception was at The Tides Estate in North Haledon, on a Saturday night in April 2010, and it was $80pp before taxes and gratuity (originally $85pp for a 100-guest minimum, but they knocked $5pp off the price because we guaranteed them 125+ guests). We considered a Friday night in March 2010 and they offered us $65pp for that, but April worked better for us.

Other places to check out - Costa Del Sol in Union, Bridgewater Manor in Bridgewater, The Reception Center at Saint Clement in Matawan, Gran Centurions in Clark, and a few places in West Orange (The Manor, Mayfair Farms and The Atrium).

December-March dates are usually priced lower than the warmer months. You will also save money if you book for a Friday or a Sunday. 
  • Options
    rubyfrubyf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try bridgewater manor in bridgewater or Lakeside Manor in Hazlet they have a twilight package starting at $55/pp, or the westwood in Garwood/westfield
  • Options
    wallis6381wallis6381 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the graycliff in Moonachie...while it doesn't have a lot of curb appeal the inside is beautiful and the food is GREAT!!  they even let you do a full tasting before signing a contract.....we are having our wedding there this december and for a 5 1/2 hour reception with a full venitian hour it comes to 117 a person with tax....if you took off the venitian hour and a few of the other extras we put in, it would come down to $100 a person im sure....They are actually having an open house on the 11th of Feb, you should check them out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might also save some money if you book an afternoon reception at some locations like Bridgewater Manor.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Landmark falls into your range as well.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Empire Club in Little Ferry, NJ quoted us $75 per person in the winter. And that was for their highest package, I'm sure you could negotiate for a warmer month. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married at The Tides in November of 2011 although my wedding will be on a Sunday I will be paying around your price point.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of places off the beaten path; they're not the ones like The Tides or so many of the most common choices.  Think about something like the Paris Inn in Wayne or the Arlington in Mount Arlington.  These places won't wow you, but they're plenty nice, much less expensive, and if you're willing to select an off-night or even off-month, I think you'll do very well.
  • Options
    hopeful523hopeful523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of the suggestions! I'll begin looking into these places today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a quote from The Berkeley Plaza for $70/person. This was for a May 2012 wedding. They give you soooooo much, and I have had family that has gone to several weddings there and loved it. I loved it there, but the cocktail hour room (they have 2) were a little small because I have a 200 people coming. The reception room was magnificent. There is a stage for your DJ or band which I loved so they weren't right on top of you and the dance floor was huge.

The only reason I did not go with that place as my venue was because (I would have dealt with the cocktail room situation) there was nothing outdoors except for a gazebo for pictures and I want all my pictures take outdoors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Flanders Valley would work!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked at Bridgewater manor in April 2012 and my price including tax and gratuity is $92pp.  I went with the Imperial package and its is an OBSCENE amount of delicious food.  I was looking in the $75 range also and just felt this package and venue for the money were unbeatable...but we are all partial to our venues :)
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alhowanitzalhowanitz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is booked for May 25, 2012 at Galloping Hill Caterers in Union NJ. We are paying $ 65 pp. When you include tax and gratuity it comes out to be $ 75 pp. If you go, speak with Michelle she is wonderful tell her your situation and she'll help you out as much as possible.

What I love about them is that everything is included we have a cocktail hour, open bar, sit down dinner, cake, table linens, center pieces, chair covers. you name it we have it in our contract. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards