New Jersey
Options

Sunset Ballroom at Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty Reviews

Hi I am newly engaged and looking for any positive or negative feedback on the reception venue I just booked, the Sunset Ballroom at Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty in Point Pleasant.  I am mostly worried about the food if someone has attended or held their wedding there.  Any information on the staff, decoration restricitions and choice of cokctail hour locations would be appreciated!

Also, anyone have ideas for decent hotels around Point Pleasant or Spring Lake, NJ?

Thanks!

Re: Sunset Ballroom at Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty Reviews

• Options
    Kelbabe25Kelbabe25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance and I are getting married there Sept 2012.  The food is excellent, especially the lobster bisque! We've been there for several work functions and have never had a bad meal.  You can have the cocktail hour in the room across from the ballroom which has a beautiful view of the water or you can have it in a closed off area in the back of the ballroom.  We chose the other room free of charge.  There are no restrictions with decorating.  You get your own waiter for the bridal room which is upstairs. Good luck with everything.

• Options
    ellevellev member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married there on May 22! Woohoo! Only one more month to go! We're having our tasting the weekend after next, so I can give you a better review then if you PM me. Our block is with the Ramada in Tom's River, but most of my FMIL's family is staying at Point Pleasant manor and it appears to be a pretty nice place (I've never seen it in person).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    caitlinkoseccaitlinkosec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the posts please keep me updated on how things are going with the sunset ballroom staff!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Food is great there - no worries!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine there too next April. I'll be interested to find out how it was from everyone as well! 

There is a Hilton Garden Inn on Rt 70 in Brick about 6-7 miles away. There is a quality inn in Point Pleasant over by Rt 88 closeby. Point Pleasant Manor always sounds nice. There are motels in walking distance...they are okay nothing fabulous. If you plan on staying in a hotel over there that night, I highly recommend Ocean Place Resort in Long Branch...it's about 20 minutes away....amazing and beautiful! 
  • Options
    Janette17Janette17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also interested in getting married there in September of 2012. I would love to hear feedback about the wedding!!! where did any of you have your ceremony. We arent having a church wedding and want to possibly do it on the beach.... looking for feedback!! thanks!!! and congrats to all of you!
  • Options
    k2maj5k2maj5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in April.  We had a hard time finding a hotel in the area because most were run down.  We were going to do Chateau Inn in Spring Lake but they had a 2 night minimum! (in April really???).  We reserved the Ocean House and I'm really excited to be staying there.  I've heard great things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since the place isn't on the beach (it's on the inlet though), guests would have to be shuttled from the ceremony (I can't imagine they'd want to try to park near the beach, especially in the summer!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony at the White Sands in Point Pleasant and my reception at Sunset Ballroom. The White sands has beach front ceremonies where you can go on the beach or on a deck and it includes an indoor back up room inside an atrium type room that they set up to look like a chapel (if it rains). It was the only place I could find in the area with an indoor backup. I wanted to get married at the Bay Head Chapel but they refuse to let you do a ceremony there on Sundays (even with your own priest or officiant which was SO annoying!!) It took me 2 months to find this place it was stressful. It's really really nice though if the weather is nice and the beach works out. Hopefully!! My date is 4/29/12. 
  • Options
    Any suggestions on places for a dinner rehearsalin the point pleasant area? I'm having my wedding reception at the lobster shanty/ church service in bay head this June. we are trying to book a private/semi private room that accommodates 45 people.
  • Options
    We just booked here today, I was interested on reviews of food as well as hotels in the area any information is appreciated. ThanksSmile
  • Options
    Thinking about having my wedding reception at Claks Landing. Anyone have info. on food and facilities? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards