Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Alpine Ceremony - Anyone?

My fiance and I are having our ceremony in April (Friday the 13th to be exact) at a ski resort. The weather is usually pretty warm there in April... it's the last weekend the place is open to public.

We're planning on saying our vows and then I'll hop on my snowboard, FI on his skiis, and we'll do a run together in full attire as husband/wife with everyone waiting at the bottom for us to ride in. Aleksandr used to be a ski racer, so it's not as random as one might think :P

Our reception is in a huge log span cabin (largest in canada) in the town at the base of the mountain, and it will be typical spring weather.

So what I'm wondering is if anyone has been to an alpine wedding? We are thinking of renting a tent and setting up a table with coffee, tea and timbits for those who arrive early, so they're not standing around with nothing to do. Anyone ever set up a tent in the snow (packed snow of course)? How about chairs? And toying with the idea of renting a carpet to walk down, but not sure.

Anyways, share your thoughts/experiences!

Edit: We do have a backup plan to be inside in the event that it's blizzard conditions or pouring rain.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards