New Jersey
Options

Wedding Reviews 7/21/12 (PIP)

Our wedding day was the most perfect day we could have hoped for.  The weather was ridiculously nice for mid-July.  Feel free to add my reviews to the NJ vendor review website!

The Bridgewater Manor, Bridewater, NJ – A+ - From start to finish, the Bridgewater Manor went above and beyond all of my expectations.  I worked mostly with Michael and Erin, and they were always quick and courteous with getting back to me.  They also worked within our budget and number of guests, which was something that was not easy to find with our small-ish wedding.  The grounds are beautiful and well-maintained, and allowed for absolutely beautiful photos.  Our reception was in the downstairs room adjacent to the patio and was very comfortable for our 120 guests.  The food was DELICIOUS and abundant – the cocktail hour was to die for.  My guests are still raving about it.  The bartenders were fast and made excellent drinks, so there was hardly ever a wait.  Hassan, our maitre d, constantly made sure we were comfortable, had drinks, had food, and made sure we got dessert, too.  He was an angel, and the rest of the serving staff was amazing, as well.  Our wedding cake was included in our package and it came from Palermo’s, which was SOOO GOOD.  The Bridgewater Manor helped make our wedding unforgettable.

Action Limo, Garwood, NJ – A+ - Joe arrived early with our party bus, got us to the church on time, and was extremely helpful with getting us on and off the bus safely.  He even made sure my dress was fluffed and ready for me to walk down the aisle.  The party bus was clean, comfortable, and well-stocked with water and sparkling wine.  The air conditioning and sound system both worked impeccably, as well.  The bridal party had SO MUCH FUN on the bus while traveling between the ceremony, picture location, and the reception.

Magique Studios, Paramus, NJ (Photography & Videography) – A+ - I booked Magique after receiving an email for a promotion for free video with the purchase of a photography package.  We visited their studios before booking and were so impressed with their work and their welcoming personalities, so we knew it was a good fit.  Stella is very efficient and always responded to my emails promptly and answered all of my questions.  Our photographers, Jim and Kristina, were so much fun the day of the wedding that they practically became part of the bridal party.  Kwi, the videographer, was always right beside them filming, yet never got in the way.  Our guests hardly noticed he was there during the reception because he was never in their faces with that bright light videographers sometimes use.  Jim and Kristina were incredibly creative, positive, helpful, and really captured our day perfectly.  We got all of our pictures done on-time so we could enjoy the cocktail hour and reception with our guests.  Our pictures came out so beautiful and we could not have been happier with our experience with Magique!

Elite Sound Entertainment Saddle Brook, NJ (DJ, Photo lounge, Uplighting) – B+ - DJ Mike Serras and MC Vinnie T were our entertainment during our reception.  We very much enjoyed planning the event with Mike, as he was very helpful, courteous, and extremely prompt with getting back to us.  We also booked uplighting and a photo lounge with Elite Sound, and both were a huge hit with our guests.  The lighting and the DJ setup were beautiful and the room looked amazing.  The photo lounge was used constantly and the spacious interior allowed for large groups of people to take lots of silly pictures.  The picture quality was also very good.  Our MC, Vinnie T, was amazing during the introductions and also during the surprise groom’s cake.  My only complaint was during one of the toasts, someone from their crew was clearly heard making a rude comment regarding the toast (seemed like he didn't realize there was a mic nearby?).  Other than that, DJ Mike Serras and Vinnie T made sure we all had a great time and our guests had so much fun dancing and taking pictures in the photo lounge.

Jeanine Mangan, Manalapan, NJ (Makeup) – A – Jeanine made me, my bridesmaids, and both moms, look absolutely beautiful.  She is an extremely talented makeup artist.  Our makeup lasted throughout the ENTIRE day, even after all of the sweating during the hot July day.  She was a few minutes late, but worked like a champ and finished us all early anyway. Her prices are very high, and she’ll charge you for her assistant if she brings her, but I felt her work was worth it in the end.  My girls were all very happy with their makeup.

Pink Comb Salon, Nutley, NJ (Hair) – A+ - I have nothing but good things to say about Michelle and Rosalie.  They showed up early, got setup, and got to work.  Our hair lasted all day, and some even overnight.  They were both incredibly pleasant and really calmed my nerves during the morning.  Michelle did my hair exactly how I wanted and it didn’t move a stitch the entire day, even after dancing all night. 

Hollywood Bridal, Kenilworth, NJ (Bridal Gown) – A – I bought a Casablanca gown through Hollywood Bridal.  Their prices are excellent, and their front-end customer service is superior.  Their seamstresses do great work and my dress was beautiful for my wedding.   However, one of the seamstresses can be a little insensitive if you are plus-size.

Manuela’s Bridal Boutique, Roselle Park, NJ (Bridesmaid Dresses) – A – The prices of this salon are really great.  We ordered Bill Levkoff #560 and alterations were included.  Tina does really great work and she gets the job done on time, and makes sure all of the bridesmaids got their fittings done on time, as well.  Loved the dresses!

Men’s Warehouse, Iselin, NJ (Tuxes, not including kids) – B+ - All of the guys’ tuxes were clean and the colors looked great.  My brother complained that his pants were too tight, but that was the only complaint I heard.  DH got his tux for free, which was a huge plus.  The selection is so-so, but we weren’t looking for anything crazy anyway.

Cake Fiction, Union, NJ – A+ - I ordered a DeLorean Time Machine groom/birthday cake to surprise my H with at the reception (DH is obsessed with Back to the Future).  Paula, the owner, designed the cake, and I really loved working with her.  We were all so impressed with how it came out.  The detail of the cake was incredible!  Her pricing is also very fair.

Etsy/Online Vendors: I’m not going to write out a huge review for each one, because I absolutely LOVED every single one of the following vendors and would highly recommend using any of them.  Etsy vendor pages are linked.

Afloral.com  – DIY Centerpieces.  Fast delivery, really affordable silk flowers and the quality is really impressive. 

Cards & Pockets – DIY Pocketfold Invites.  I love C&P!!!!

Partystandups.com – I purchased a life-sized cardboard cutout of Conan O’Brien to use in our photobooth.  Amazing quality, amazing customer service.

Magnetstreet.com – Save the dates.  Our mini magnets came out even better than I had hoped.

Fabulousbrooch.com – Bouquets.  Used brooches for the bridal and bridesmaid bouquets.  I had the hardest time finding affordable brooches in large quantities.  They’re beautiful and pretty sturdy!  My mom's friend did our bouquets and bouts.

The Younique Boutique (http://www.tybinc.com) – Guestbook Platter. We didn’t want a traditional guestbook, so I ordered a ceramic platter for our guests to sign.  We baked the signatures in when we got it home and it came out AMAZING.

Ladyjanebowtique (Etsy) – Fuchsia hair flowers for bridesmaids.  She shipped them the same day I bought them.  They were perfect in my bridemaids’ hair and insanely affordable.

FuzzyFeetBoutique (Etsy) – Crocheted dogs for ring bear pillows.  I didn’t want traditional ring bearer pillows, so I scoured the internet for a French Bulldog and Black Lab (my dogs) stuffed animals for my 2 nephews to hold while walking down the aisle.  This vendor worked with me for weeks to crochet the perfect matching pair of dogs.  They were adorable!

SimplyBlueBridal (Etsy) – Fingertip-length veil with Swarovski crystal elements along the border.  BEAUTIFUL!!  Superior customer service.

Misunbridal (Etsy) – Bridal hair flower.  Really affordable, beautiful piece.

Follow Me on Pinterest
Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Wedding Reviews 7/21/12 (PIP)

• Options
    Adding my travel agent's review, too.  We went to Hawaii for 2 weeks and it was AMAZING.

My Vacation Lady (linked) - A++++ - My Vacation Lady helped to make our honeymoon the most unbelievable dream vacation we could have hoped for.  She first met with us to discuss our budget and what we were looking for in a honeymoon.  From there, she planned everything from start to finish, adding and subtracting based on what we did and did not want to do.  She kept our dream honeymoon in our budget and made planning an absolute breeze.  She is organized, attentive, and always answered our questions promptly and effectively, no matter how big or small the question.  For the beginning of our honeymoon, she emailed us to let us know she would be away, and made sure we had plenty of backup contacts, in case of any emergencies or problems, which there wasn't anyway.  We can't recommend My Vacation Lady enough.  You will be in good hands!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Congratulations on your wedding!!! The pictures are bautiful and thank you for the detailed reviews :)
    Anniversary

Vacation
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the detailed reviews! it is quite helpful fot those of us still plainning !!

where did you honeymoon?
  • Options
    Awesome!! Love the guest book plate idea!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards