Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

JUST SAY NO! to eyelash extensions.

I got last extensions at the place where I get my eyebrows threaded bc they had a special. BAD IDEA!! She did such a shitty job with the glue. They started to peel off a bit and they took my REAL eyelashes with them!!

I am getting married in 2 months and I have no eyelashs!!!!!!! Cry

Re: JUST SAY NO! to eyelash extensions.

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks, I'm so sorry.  I would e-mail Francesca stat letting her know so she can work her magic with falsies!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You are joking?? Like....no eyelashes? Really? I hope they offered you compensation! Like direy said def let Francesca know.....OMG I am so sorry for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    simoniksimonik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no. I am soooooooo sorry to hear abou this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no Camille.  Like PPs have said.  I'm sure Francesca with her talent can save the day.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  I am so sorry this happened to you!  Sound like you are in good hands with Francesca, though.
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, I'm so sorry that happened to you.  Let your MUA know so she has plan to make you look amazing for your day!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry this happened! They'll grow back though. It happened to me as well and it's more common than you think. I had to wear fake lashes for about two months until mine grew back to a decent lenght.  Hang in there! 

A work in progress: MY PLANNING BIO Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I talked to my doctor and he prescribed me Latisse... I haven't started it yet, though, because I've heard there are some pretty terrible side effects.

I def email Francesca and let her know... does she give a choice of length?

I was going to go back to the salon today and see what they say, but then something came up and I couldn't. I think I'll just wear some falsies for a while. I hoe they grow back soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_just-say-eyelash-extensions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0bd85b8e-92a1-4faa-a41d-c81eee34b515Post:3daea57b-c1b7-4b5f-9ce8-d0869746c0d5">Re: JUST SAY NO! to eyelash extensions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry this happened! They'll grow back though. It happened to me as well and it's more common than you think. I had to wear fake lashes for about two months until mine grew back to a decent lenght.  Hang in there! 
    Posted by AnaC09[/QUOTE]

2 months!!!!!! omg... I better get to sallys and buy some decent falsies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had bloodshot eye the first two days, which is somewhat normal from what i hear.
    So far i have had them two weeks exactly now, and they still look like new... and i am glad i did it.
    Sorry to hear yours turn out bad. I used a NovaLash certified lady, I checked the official website to select from. Ashlee Matson did such pro work on me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that!  I think it's pretty normal for them to take your real eyelashes when they fall off...  At least I've heard more stories (and even in my own experience) of them falling out with then not.  Unfortunately they don't tell you that when they put them in!

The good thing is that Francesca will put about 1-2 parirs for falsies on you depending on what kind of look you're going for.  I had falsies on top of my eyelash extensions so either way you probably would have wanted them for a more dramatic effect.  :)
  • Options
    starburst604starburst604 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    (Lurker here chiming in) So sorry to hear about your lashes! I've been getting extensions on mine for about a year with no problems but I hear nightmare stories like this about other places all the time. Some places simply pile on more lashes than your natural ones can handle in weight and don't use medical grade glue. You will look great with strip lashes for your wedding and if you get the Latisse it should help your own lashes grow back a bit faster.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic You gotta get spanked by a lot of frogs...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry!  The same thing happened to my sister!  I used Latisse before my wedding.  It does work, but it takes awhile.  I looked into it extensively, and I am a nurse.  It's the same medication that people with glaucoma use and put it directly into their eyes!  They later found out that made lashes grow as a side effect:)   Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards