North Carolina

Oak Tree to get married under

Hey all!  My finace and I are looking to get married under a large oak tree/plantation style area in North Carolina.  Any suggestions? Some venues we've looked at in NC and SC have a $30000 minimum and we're not looking to spend nearly that much.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Re: Oak Tree to get married under

• dsweets136dsweets136 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Hey all!  My finace and I are looking to get married under a large oak tree/plantation style area in North Carolina.  Any suggestions? Some venues we've looked at in NC and SC have a $30000 minimum and we're not looking to spend nearly that much.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Try on your local board.
    DSC_9275
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Welcome dsweets136 !  You will have better luck finding advice your local board under the "Local Wedding Boards" to the left. 

Good luck!
  • Check out Magnolia Mannor in Colfax.  I love the tree there (it's not an oak, but it's awesome). 

This blog has a good pic

• Check out Yankee Hall Plantation in Greenville.  They have 2 large trees outside where they have the ceremonies (though I am not sure if they are oak) and they definitiely don't have a 30k minimum.  They are kind of old school and dont have a website but if you google them, there are several photography blogs that have pics from weddings there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check out Airlie Gardens (www.airliegardens.org)in Wilmington NC. The gardens are filled with oak trees including one of the oldest oak trees in NC (500+years). We had my daughter's wedding reception there in September and it was truly enchanting on the Oak Lawn. The ceremony was in the Pergola garden at Airlie. I coordinated the wedding including 10-pc band with 120 guests for around $20K-$23K.
  • Hi!

The Oaks at Salem in Apex is where I am getting married in September. The venue is relatively new, so there aren't a ton of pictures on the website/facebook. If you are in the area, I suggest just scheduling a visit. The owner April is amazingly sweet and you will absolutely fall in love. There is definitely no food minimum as you use outside vendors, caterers, etc., and I think the price is reasonable. For 4500 we get the venue, rehearsal space the night before, tables, linens, chairs, and candles, vases, mirrors, etc. for centerpieces. The price may have gone up a bit since we booked with them, as they were *brand* new when we went in. April is very willing to jump in and help out, and The Oaks is not one of those places that leaves you to fend for yourself- she really wants to help you create the wedding of your dreams. Good luck!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards