Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

ugh my bridesmaids

......getting on my nerves. I know nobody ever thinks that your wedding is more important than you do. But im trying to get a head count for hair and makeup. Its like nobody except for one can give me a straight up answer on anything. So i guess im gonna count them as out.....save my frustations and tell them tough...as the day get closer im less than tolerant for BS* and flakiness.....

Re: ugh my bridesmaids

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you! They can deal with it on their own if they can't give you a straight answer you should not have to be getting frustrated over such things.
  • Options
    mtnalimtnali member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup- don't even care anymore. Starting to wonder if one of them is even going to get her dress, and we are a month and a half away! I feel your pain.
  • Options
    mtnalimtnali member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! I just saw you are sept 12 as well! :o)  
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree. People are just not very understanding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ack!! I totally feel you guys 'cause I'm TOTALLY stressing about my bridesmaids too!! My wedding is a month and a half away and only my MOH has gotten her dress! I have three other bridesmaids, one that is going to get hers tomorrow, but I can't seem to get the other two to go to a bridal shop to get theirs ordered. I'm calling around for them and all the bridal shops are telling me that they'll have to "super rush" the order and they still wouldn't be able to guarantee it by wedding day. Even when I tell my bridesmaids that, I STILL can't get them to do anything! I think I'm more stressed about their dresses than anything else with the wedding at this point. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the exact same problem!  I had 6 bridesmaids and it was the worst decision I made of the whole wedding, it was too many people and two of them, both my hubby's sisters were just AWFUL throughout the whole process, I regret asking them so much! On the day though they enjoyed themselves and everyone pulled together and it worked out so I stressed over planning things for them and eventually gave up and just included my bridesmaids that wanted to be involved, it makes it more fun for you that way!  Good luck! xxx
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely just book for the one that has said yes. Why do people not understand that things need to be booked and we either stand to lose deposits if we book and then cancel, or miss out on a vendor that we want by leaving it too late?And Kayla, I can't believe they aren't sorting their dresses out! Have you booked flowers etc for them?
  • Options
    mayanutmayanut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this will be my one piece of advice to women just starting to plan their wedding: Don't have bridesmaids, just a MOH. I decided not to have bridesmaids and I am SO glad. So many posts are about problems with them. My sister is my MOH and that's it. I invited my few close female friends to the wedding, and also invited them to a ladies luncheon before the ceremony, and not a single one was upset about not doing the whole dress, stand up at the wedding thing. In fact, they thanked me for saving them the money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RayRay - Yes, I've already paid for the flowers and everything else is going sooooo smoothly.  I can't believe that of all things to stress about, it's from my BMs!  Mayanut has a great point and I wish I had considered it!  But then again these are my best friends and I love them to pieces.  Looking back, I made a few errors.  I made the mistake of choosing a color that needed to be ordered instead of a more generic color.  And I had also told them that they were free to choose a style that fit their body type.  Now I wish I had gone somewhere like David's Bridal where they have dresses "off the rack" for situations like these.  Or just picked a style and say "go get measured" like the groomsmen.  My MOH (my sister) has calmed me down a little, but I just wish that my BMs were a little more on top of things. Sigh...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards