North Carolina
Options

How soon before your wedding

should you go dress shopping? I'm 9 months out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How soon before your wedding

• Options
    LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine a year in advance.............but I wasn't really looking when I found it- the dress found me!  Some girls it takes a while to find the right dress, so I don't see why you can't at least start getting an idea of what style you, want etc.  But at least 6 months out you should start shopping in case you need alterations, etc.  You want to make sure you have your dress and everything is right with it! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would start looking now. just go out and start trying things on. you never know, you may find one right away.  i know when i was looking they told me some dresses could take up to 6 months to come in.  i got mine at david's bridal so it didn't take that long.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would, I don't think it can hurt.  I found mine about a year out, but it was on a super deal and I loved the dress.  I would give yourself time in case it takes a while to find the dress you are looking for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Got married end of October, started dress shopping in March. Ordered the dress in late March.
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on your price range and if you're going to order the dress, you should def start shopping soon! Some dress manufactures take 6-8 months to produce the dress.  Although it's usually much shorter than that, you don't want to wait and then find you can't get the dress you want (or have to pay for rush)!

We ordered my dress in August, which was 9 months out, and it's supposed to come in in February.

Good luck!
  • Options
    krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered mine 9 months out - in Sept. for a June wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Now would be a great time to start. As PPs have said, it can take 6 months or longer for some dresses to come in. Mine took 5 months. Plus, you'll need to take into account the time needed to get alterations done, and if you are having bridals portraits done and want one displayed at your reception, you'll need extra time for that too. If you find your dress right away, you're ahead of the game. And if you take a little more time, then you're not stressed to get everything done. Good luck!
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely start now. I started really early because I was excited about trying dresses on. I just wanted to get an idea of what I liked. I ordered my dress in October for my June wedding. It's supposed to be here in March. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards