Nevada-Las Vegas

Destination Wedding

ladies i'm in los angeles and plan to wed in las vegas and have no idea where to start.  DF and i will obviously have to make a trip soon to see places and book, do you have any ideas that you would like to share since we have limited time over there? thanks so much ladies!

Re: Destination Wedding

• edited December 2011
    congratulations and welcome! http://sites.google.com/site/vegasknottieslyrical/the-list-1that's a list of old and new knotties who've married in Vegas along with their bio's.... you'll find tons of ideas in their bio's. http://vegasfaq.googlepages.com/vegasweddingfaqthat's a list of the most frequently asked questions and most vendors that past knotties have used! Quick run down:  Start with a budget, find out what venues are in your budget and which ones aren't and go from there.     Happy Planning!
  • amberlynn2286amberlynn2286 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it just seems like a lot of the places only accomodate small groups rather than larger wedding parties like we are trying to do....
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many do you have?  Most of the more popular options are ideal for parties of <75, but there are places that can handle more.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure yet but i know its over 100
  • edited December 2011
    checkout the Mansions in the area they are great.  We are getting married outside of vegas in The Grove. You can see it in my bio.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're probably going to want to look off-strip, then.  Really, Vegas is just a city, so check the places you would check in LA: churches, hotel ballrooms, country clubs, golf courses, and so on.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll love getting married in Vegas!  It's so much fun.Part of the reason we chose Vegas is so that we could limit our guest list.  If we had been married at home we were looking at 250-300 people.  We decided on Vegas and only invited 100 which worked out perfectly.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im hoping a lot of people wont go but with DF having a big hispanic family and his bio parents not together it makes it a huge event just with the family!
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought about this some more.  Check out the Classico chapel at Caesars.  I think it holds close to 200.
  • mayanutmayanut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The mansion recommendation is great!  If I was having a slightly larger wedding, I totally would have done that.General tips I've learned along the way:(Some are pretty obvious, but just in case)Dollar for dollar, Magginos is probably the best deal for receptions of larger groups.  You have to like Italian though.Anything involving one of the strip hotels is more expensive.Book the smallest photo package you can at the chapel.  Then hire an outside photographer like Bently & Wilson.  Using the chapel photographer just for the ceremony isn't a big deal.  The best pictures come from before and after the ceremony.Book the smallest chapel package that contains most of the elements you want.  Then upgrade the items that are important to you.  For example, don't get the top-tier package just for the # of photos or the floral included.  For me it was way cheaper to upgrade the one or two items that were important than to get the next package up.Independent, outside catering will give you the best food for your buck....if you can find a location that will allow it.That's all I can think of for now.  HTH
  • edited December 2011
    I'd have to say look for a package that has all the items you want and yet not too many extras that really aren't that important. I agree with the PP on photography. I've been looking around for outside photogs and would have to say that for the money Bentley and Wilson looks like where I'm headed. Definitely decide on a budget for hotel accommodations, the wedding package and then all the "extras." Once you have that down and you know what it is you're looking for it should be less overwhelming. And I would definitely look through all the postings on this forum and ask advice....the girls on here are amazing and very supportive!Good luck with everything!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from LA as well and my FI is from OC. We decided to do it in Vegas cuz its so much easier. Those hotel ceremony packages include almost everything, and we can just do the reception at a restaurant instead of a banquet hall. Banquet halls are usually lot more expensive and more boring.Driving from LA to Vegas only takes 5 hours, so its easy to plan. Plus it's like a mini get-away everytime. I love it! =) Since our friends and family are fairly familiar with Vegas  (being in LA and all) and they will probably all drive there and stay on the strip. we picked venues on the strip so people don't have to drive around. But if your budget is very small, you might want to consider venues off the strip. Either way, the knottie list is definitely a great place to start. I would have never made it this far without the lovely knotties here! =)
  • edited December 2011
    BTW we hired a local photographer from OC (our biggest splurge). There are many many more choices in LA/OC than in Vegas. Plus, we wanted to do an engagement session locally in OC. But if you don't wanna bother to do too much research, and you don't care for a super artsy photographer, then as everyone said, pick Bentley and Wilson. His price can't be beat and I heard he's super nice too.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have a local (LA) photographer that i would ask to come out they have done all my family pictures and extended family wedding, i went to school with their son and our families are close...we're going to try and really see what our budget is the next couple weeks so hopefully i will know more then....just an excited bride to be!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    okay so does anyone know anything about Whitney Ranch? it look too expensive but it didnt give the price when it said "special deals"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards