Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

What r u doing after your reception??

Our ceremony will be at 3, dinner reception (probably Rum Jungle or Battista's) will be around 5 or 5:30. I want to have an idea of what we will do the rest of the night. We're getting married at MB...I'm wondering if we'd want to stay there and hang out at a bar/lounge or go out to a different bar/lounge. Are you staying in your wedding gown the entire night? Is that feasible in a wedding gown to go to a lounge/bar? Need some ideas!!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: What r u doing after your reception??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    After the ceremony we have about an hours worth of pictures to take...then we're heading up to our suite for a mini-reception. We're just going to have our cake and some finger foods. We rented two party buses to take us and our guests on a 3.5 hour Strip Tour. I'm going to have a photog come along too. There are pics that I really wanted of us around Vegas, plus I know a lot of our guests are flying in the nite before our wedding so I thought it'd be nice for them to see the strip too. When the tour is over I'm going to say it's kinda 'do your own thing' from then. I def. plan on staying in my wedding dress ALL nite long! Hahaha.  If we end up going to a bar I personally would have no prob. going in my dress... ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good question! Our ceremony is at 3:15, reception 5:30-8:30, so really similar time lines. We have a bus to take us back to mandalay, where we are staying and most of the guests. I am currently debating whether to stay in the dress all night or change- exacerbated by the fact that I can't find an affordable cute white dress to wear after even if i wanted to. I had originally planned on wearing my dress all night, but my fi and all the groomsmen/bridesmaids said they want to change and I dont want to be the only one all dressed up with a group of people in shorts and tank tops haha. As far as what we are doing- I think all the young people are just going to hang out at some bars/ whatever happens...no set plans.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting the party bus from? Where will you be stopping on the strip? It sounds like a great idea. I'm curious will the limo company stock it with drinks for your guests?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting the party buses from Presidential Limos. We got the 'Ultra Strip Tour' which stops at the:Las Vegas SignBellagio FoutnainsSirens of T.I.Mirage VolcanoFreemont Street ExperienceThe website says we get a bottle of champagne and a rose for each lady. I'm not sure if they'll add more since each bus holds 20 people....but I'm sure we can bring our own alcohol on the buses. I'm pretty excited!http://www.presidentiallimolv.com/ultra_tour_web_special.php
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am going to go to the room (with help), change and then go out. i think we are going to go to the piano bar at NYNY, I hear its fun. I found a SUPER cute white dress at Jessica McClintock. Sort of like a mini-fun post-wedding dress, it is perfect!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to change out of my dress after the ceremony, because I just can't see myself comfortably walking around Vegas in it. Though I'm changing into a more casual white dress... After our reception, we're going to an off-strip hookah bar. We thought about going to a regular bar or club, but that's not really our style. I assume only the younger folks will be joining us, but that's more than fine by me:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where's the Hookah Bar at? We're going to Cairo for our honeymoon and I've read a lot about them there. I haven't ever been to one....might be fun to check it out before we head overseas.
  • Options
    LacynakLacynak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception ends at 9ish so we plan on going back to the hotel and I'll change to a ivory cocktail dress (PIB). BM said if they love their dresses and are comfy they may just stay in theirs. Who knows where we'll end up...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding at the MB Chapel at 4:15, followed by dinner at Rumjungle from 5:30-7:30.  After that, I'm going to run upstairs and change into a short dress I found at White House/Black Market (PIB).  I'm not sure yet what shoes I'm going to use for after, but I promise they will be comfy.For those of us who want to keep the party going, we'll probably to check out Red Square and a couple of the other bars at MB.
  • Options
    NesJasNesJas member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had dinner at 7 and it was over around 1030 and we then went bowling with some of our bridal party. It was really fun.
    The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
    Click Me
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    matilda1215- The hookah bar is called Paymon's Hookah Lounge, it's on Sahara Ave. I've never been to this specific bar, but it has good reviews. Hookah bars are pretty nice, usually very laid back. It's not for everyone (especially if you hate smoke/smoking), but I've found that a lot of people come to enjoy it.
  • Options
    karma007karma007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dinner should be over by 7, at which point my big poufy dress, FI, and myself will go party with whoever wants to play along.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI wants to do karaoke.  We're on the hunt for a place to do it.  I'm staying in my gown, but it's a pretty slim silhouette, so it shouldn't be that much different than wearing any other dress to a bar.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We finished dinner at about 8:30.   Went back to our room for a quick touch up, took off my veil and changed my shows.   We walked over to Planet Hollywood's "Heart Bar" to hang out with whoever wanted to join us.  I stayed in my dress until almost dawn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards