Nevada-Las Vegas

Can't keep my dress a secret...

So this is a random post but here it goes... I am really bad at keeping surprises a secret... It's just killing me that I found my dress and can't show my FI. I am thinking when I pick it up I better keep it at my parents house =) Is anyone finding this to be very difficult??

Re: Can't keep my dress a secret...

• karma007karma007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can imagine how hard that would be! FI saw me in mine before it underwent major renovations; now he has to wait!
  • edited December 2011
    YES!!!  I want to show him sooooooooo bad. In fact we had this conversation last nite and he was laughing at me. I'm leaving my dress at the bridal shop until the day before we pack to leave for Vegas lol. I know exactly how you feel!
  • edited December 2011
    I had trouble with this from the start... I actually showed it to my fiance when it first arrived. Not really a big deal, but then I made the mistake of telling everyone that I showed it... Our family members acted like I was nuts. So I haven't showed it to him since I got it altered. I planned on not letting him see it until the wedding day, but he IS my best friend, and I was just too excited... I see nothing wrong with it, but if you're all for tradition, then try to hang on to the surprise as long as you can:)
  • edited December 2011
    We did things quite different.  DH saw my dress right from the beginning.  He even helped me get dressed the morning off (buttons on the back).  However, if we were doing it the way you are...I would find it VERY difficult!  I can't keep secrets in general let alone something like that.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG! I have to agree!! My FI has an idea of what it looks like, but I am trying to keep it tradional, which is hard because like one pp said "he is my best friend", but mainly my Mom would KILL me if she knew he saw the actual dress :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    My family and friends are a little upset that we're spending the nite before together. I said "What are we supposed to do rent another room for one nite??" Not that we would sleep apart even if we were doing a local wedding. I want to wake up with him on our wedding day and have breakfast in bed together before I'm off for hours of getting ready haha. Getting back to the dress though....I think if I have the dress at home he's def. going to be shown it haha
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, this is my problem and I haven't even picked a dress yet.  I value his opinion on what makes me look good.  I don't know how I am ever going to resist trying it on for him.  I always do this when I buy new clothes.  It is like my own private fashion show :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ha. My DH was there when I picked it out but the "day of" is completely different from the fitting phases.   He helped me get dressed too. checking to see if he got it right:but that was for us.... Good Luck keeping your dress away from your FI.  I'm sure he'll be blown away!  P.s. you can share fitting pics with the rest of us.  :)    lol
  • edited December 2011
    I brought mine home last friday!  The Hall closet is now the wedding closet and all the coats have been banished to the spare room.  It is killing me!! I want to show him. I am no good at keeping secrets. He is the one that doesn't want to see.  He has already figured out when my mother comes that he is going to have to leave so that I can try it on for my mom. He said he won't be in the house when it comes out.  He laughs at me about it all the time.  It is in plastic but every time I open that door to the closet he disappears and is no where to be seen. This is gonna kill me for the next 9 months and 9 days UGH!!! 
  • Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is going straight to my MOH house because otherwise I'll b doing the cleaning in it til the day!I don't know whether it's superstition or just the element of surprise but I want to keep it a secret He actually doesn't want to see it before because he says the moment when he turns around and sees me walking down the aisle is the part of the day he is most looking forward to. I'm trying to keep all details from him... I don't know why really. I think it helps that he's so excited about it!Even today, we went for an early dinner and I started to tell him about the vintage head dress I have found but I had to stop myself and change the subject!However, he knows my style pretty well and I expect that he has a good idea of what I'll be wearing on the day!
  • edited December 2011
    *Chaotickiss* Good idea I will just show you awesome ladies the fitting pics =) *Matilda1215* My fam also wanted us to not be in the same room the night before but we don't care. It is really hard keeping it from my best friend especially because I want him yo love it!!! I'm going to try my hardest to keep it a secret. Thanks Ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my god i'm so glad someone brought this subject up! My fiance is from New Zealand and i'm Welsh, but we live in Vancouver so I have no family or girlfriends to show my dress to! i'm the only person who has seen it! My Fiance refuses to look at it. The other day my purse arrived and i tried to show him and we got into a huge fight involving me running around the room chasing him with the purse in my hand... I mean, he gonna see it the morning of the wedding anyway!!!
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI has seen my dress...he doesn't really remember it though as I found when we were matching it to fabrics for tuxes.he hasn't seen me in my dresss...i figure that is the superstitiout...groom should not see you IN your dress until the day of the wedding. we will see each other before the wedding of course.
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is all grumbly, because he thinks "its not fair" I get to help him (i.e., select for him) pick out what he's going to wear and go shopping with him, and he doesn't even get to see a photo of my dress, let alone know if its short or long, traditional or not a wedding dress, etc.  That does make it kind of fun.... I bought my dress on a weekend trip to visit my parents, and left it at their house. They are bringing it to the wedding. I brought home my shoes, veil and comb (which he is convinced is a tiara - he hasn't seen it, either). Just post your dress here, and let us see it!!! This is mine:
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards