Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Urgh!

Ladies, I am beyond irate right now.  See my earlier post from yesterday, where I asked about a photographer because I wanted to cancel the one I had booked, due to lack of communication.Well, I did.  I canceled him, and he wrote me back and basically said (I am not even joking) that I basically did not hire him for enough hours or pay him enough to make it worth his time to reply to my e-mails.  He said we were too high maintenance because we asked for a contract.So glad I canceled this guy!  I did hire Deacon Tyler and he is awesome!

Re: Urgh!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Too high maintenance because you asked for a contract?! Really? WOW. If you don't mind saying.....who is this photographer? Def. someone to be avoided!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Am I allowed to say on here? Because I will if it's allowed. Maybe I *was* too high maintenance for him, but then that would mean he really shouldn't be in this business. I didn't ask anything more from him than any other bride, or any smart client, would.
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! who was it?
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's absolutely awful! A customer is a customer, regardless of how much they have paid, and that kind of attitude is appalling. Surely every bride deserves the same attention and respect? The different prices should be for the hours and photo package received, not how many questions you are allowed to ask!Glad you cancelled him now though and have found somebody that you are happy with.And I think you should definitely tell us who it is, for future Knottie advice
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, it was Keith Kaplan.  I do feel badly about this, but I am not exaggerrating his response. I was pretty shocked but then I felt like maybe I was somehow in the wrong. It's nice to hear that I am not crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No def. not crazy. I think it's a little weird not to have a contract as a professional IMO. You def. made the right choice in cancelling him.  You don't want somebody taking photos of your wedding who you don't feel comfortable with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is crazy how dare he say that to you.  Amazing to me!! Horrid I tell you horrid!! Glad you found someone better
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know why he'd be reluctant to provide a contract- it protects BOTH parties. We have contracts with every vendor. I'd be wary that they wouldn't show up if we didn't have one
  • Options
    karma007karma007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is just nuts! You would think HE would insist on a contract!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For a vendor to refuse to draw up a contract seems like a really big red flag to me. I'm sure it was hard to cancel, but it sounds like you absolutely did the right thing.Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad that you were able to find someone I remember talking to you about KK before he never responded back to my e-mails either after talking to him on the phone, I guess that's why his packages were so cheap.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's so unprofessional  And I agree with the others, you'd think he'd want a contract to protect himself as well.  Glad you found out about it now while there was still time to get someone else. 
    Planning a Vegas Vow Renewal!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The saga continues! I can't believe this guy. HE is the one who will now not let it go.  He just forwarded me all the e-mails I ever sent him and said that if he had responded to my e-mails, he can't imagine how many more he would have gotten, so that's why he ignored me.  I guess questions like "can you please confirm our time" and "I need to book a limo to pick us up when we're done with photos, can you tell me where we will end?" and "where should we meet you"? are really extreme questions.The total number of question e-mails I ever sent him that he forwarded back to me? 7 or 8.  And most of them included questions from previous e-mails that had not been answered. The rest were things like "are you available" and "Let's book" and "how do I pay you" and "still waiting to find out how to pay you" and "STILL waiting to find out how to pay you".  Urgh!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I can't believe he forwarded back all your emails.  He sounds like a bit of a loose cannon.  I kept thinking about your post after I responded.  I wonder if he didn't want to give you a contract so he could bail on you if he got a longer gig for that day (the part where he said you didn't hire him for enough hours is what got me thinking that).  I say good riddence!!!
    Planning a Vegas Vow Renewal!
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, you were clearly completely unreasonable in your requests... How dare you ask what time he will be there?What does he EXPECT from customers?! And saying he didn't reply for fear of what else you may ask him. I am completely shocked!I definitely think his reluctance to provide a contract was because he wanted the option to cancel on you if he got another booking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I never actually thought of that!  I definitely know I made the right choice now. Thank you, girls!
  • Options
    thrashtobethrashtobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is post is good, at least a few of us know about this man and if any bride posts a question about him , look at all the negative feedback hes had.whaT a horrible man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG! What a douche bag. I spent over an hour on the phone with my photog asking her the same kinds of questoins...(and a lot more lol). I'm so happy you cancelled with him. Make sure you keep and print out all the emails and communication he's had with you....just in case anything comes up.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely keep records, if he's contacted you again he may continue to pursue it.Not wanting to draw up a contract is ridiculous.  My videographer is one of my closest friends, and my photographer is also a friend.  I have contracts with both.  Hell, my BIL is a professional DJ and will likely be manning iTunes to make sure the right music is played for the ceremony and reception, and I may end up with a contract with him as well.  It's a standard business practice.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards