Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Vegas Tips (not the $ kind)

Hey ladies!I'm putting together a booklet of sorts to send out to my guests prior to the wedding that will contain activities, M&G info, contact numbers, maps, etc... I'd like to include a small section of tips/hints such as making sure they are aware that hotels require that you leave a deposit on a cc or cash to cover incidentals. Do you ladies have any ideas of other helpful tips?TIA

Re: Vegas Tips (not the $ kind)

• Options
    mayanutmayanut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they haven't been to Vegas before, I can't stress "Wear comfortable shoes" enough. Taxi's are easy to get in front of any hotel and fairly cheap. If you are with 1 person or more, a taxi to/from the airport is easier and cheaper than the shuttles. Tipping is very big in Vegas, so be prepared with lots of small bills. Tix4Tonight is a way to score cheaper show tickets if you don't care too much about what show you want to see. It's like the broadway tix booths in NY. This site has a list of free shuttles between hotels: http://tinyurl.com/ctn2rs It also has a comprehensive list of buffets: http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/buffets.cfm The VegasKnottie FAQ has a nice list of activities at the very bottom. If they are the siteseeing kind, google labs has a new app that plans out walking tours of any city for you. You just search the city and the length of time you have and it make an itenerary for you. http://citytours.googlelabs.com That's all I can think of right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put together a brochure of things to do in Vegas.  It was more of where/what to see than the etiquette, but I think that's a great idea as sometime newbies have no idea about how things work.   I had a friend who had no idea that you should tip your waitress while playing slots/games or go thirsty.   lol Anyway here's my brochure! (for the 46th time, sorry for those who've seen it)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chaotickiss - I love that!! Do you have a templet that you used??? If you do! my e-mail is mouseacg@hotmail.com Really neat! :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ChaoticKiss- I would love that template if you still have it my email is hottamale29 at scbglobal.net Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I created it at Vistaprint.com.    I have the wording still... I can forward that but likely some of the information has changed....do you girls want me to forward that?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure!! It's nice to kinda have a starting point! and I was just on Vista Print.....First 25 are FREE....
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    forwarded anyway... lol  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love to have a copy of this as well. I am a newbie to Vegas as well. I have only been once but I loved everything that I saw. blackmanwedding09@gmail.com
  • Options
    ahendricks23ahendricks23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you send to me too?? ahendricks2343 at yahoo.com. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    latinbeutlatinbeut member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate to be a bother, but can you send one to me too? latinbeut at aol.com Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I get the copy as well? brittany.power@yahoo.comThanks, your the best!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with wearing comfortable shoes!  there's TONS of walking in vegas.drink plenty of water when drinking...booze and hot weather don't mix...learned that the hard waydon't jaywalk on the strip...i've seen way too many people almost get bulldozed over by cars.  just wait for the walk sign. most hotels will put a certain amount to hold for incidentals on your credit card so be prepared.i hope that helps
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    by the way, could you send that to me too!  drboots37@yahoo.comthanks!!!!
  • Options
    karma007karma007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One to me too, please? Lol. No good deed goes unpunished...Thank you so much! sammything@hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey hey! Guess what I'm going to ask for.....haha matilda1215 at aol dot com   Thanks!!
  • Options
    jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    adding myself to the list asking for a copy. LOL stbmrsquintyne@hotmail.com. Thanks very much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I get a copy too?  You are too kind to email/forward this to everyone!  Thanks!!!  lbkostrewa at yahoo dot com
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd love love love a copy too!! What a great idea! kaylaliao@hotmail.com  Thank you!!!!
  • Options
    raelamnraelamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, Could I possibly ask for a copy too?? So so helpful. raelamn@aol.com Thank you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHA Chaotic - Great Brochure : ) Me too ??? chinnygal2002@aol.com
  • Options
    karma007karma007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay...thank you, I have now discovered Vista Print. It's like my scrapbook program, but I can work on it at work.
  • Options
    thrashtobethrashtobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if any of your guests want to go to the car museum in Ip there is a free coupon on there website
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can you please send it to me as well? TIA lyrical_breeze at yahoo.ca
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey chaoitic! Could you please send it to me too? spoir10692@aol.comAny more tips from you ladies? The thread went a little wayward.TIA
  • Options
    mandy220mandy220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would LOVE a copy of that as well, if that's ok... kraverotiswedding at gmail dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You last ladies got some mail!! Sorry spoir for the mini hi jack.    I also mentioned to my guests to take the DUECE rather than the monorail... it's on the front of the strip rather than behind the one side.... and too take advantage of the FREE Shuttles between the HARRAH's properties. (Flamingo, harrah's, bally's, RIO, Imperial Palace, Paris and  Caesars!) I'm off for the weekend, so I can't forward the info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards