Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Invitation wording.

Ok my father is widowed and it will be him and us hosting the wedding/reception. How in the heck would you word that. I find nothing!

Re: Invitation wording.

• Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in the exact same situation.  I just used Together with their families, because he was very recently widowed and any other way I felt drew too much attention to that fact.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does this work?  Silverlegacyga, daughter of Mr. Name and the late Mrs. Nameand Your Man's name,son of Mr & Mrs. Their Nameinvite you to celebrate in the joy of... etc etc It puts the Groom's parents on but this way does not indicate they'll be hosting. Or yeah,  "Bride & Groom together with their families or together with our familes" always works.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I should have put in there that his moms name is to be nowhere on the invitation due to the fact we are having to pay for her to come to our wedding her whole hotel, all food, airfare, transportation, as she is such a low life she wont work nothing but he insists on having her there. I in no way want her name on the invitation and his father has never been in the picture beacuse shes a well the word that starts with an s.Sorry if that sounds snarky and rude, but she has never been nice to me or anyone else including her son. I have to always keep telling my self Im marrying HIM not her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahh,  I feel ya.  Just drop the parents line after his name.  :) Silverlegacyga,daughter to ____  (& ____) if you want your mom or his wife or whomever it was on your invite and Groom invite you etc, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. Hopefully his mom wont show just like she didnt to all the other kids weddings :) or shell be dead by then. Horriable I know! Im going to talk to him about just inviting her to the ceromony not the reception because, literally he is the only one that will be corgil to her and talk to her. She will be an out cast at the whole wedding and her other kids dont even want to let her see the grand kids which is their choice and I dont blame them. She abused them all and they have every right to protect them now. Shes an evil person who even in a custody hearing went against her own daughter. Evil!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards