Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Mandalay Bay - THEpetite In-Suite Reception

Hi everyone. My fiance and I are planning a Las Vegas wedding next Summer. We have researched several hotels and have decided we would like to have our ceremony and reception at Mandalay Bay. We have been talking to one of MB's wedding coordinators - which is extremely hard to get a hold of by the way. I have tons of questions and no answers. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with THEpetite reception package that they would be willing to share with me. Anything helps. Thanks =)

Re: Mandalay Bay - THEpetite In-Suite Reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if this will "help" but.....I am getting Married at MB and instead of using the pkg. I am using the  Vista Suite and bringing in my own food, etc.....In the end I am able to have the food I want and not spend as much....You would need to do more "work" yourself, like getting a cater, bartender (if you want, I will be bringing in my own drinks) and finding a bakery you like! Hope this helps! and some of the other Knotties, have a link in their sig that will be helpful if you decide to go this way. GL:)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice stinkerbell6879. Although, my fiance and I did discuss the option of booking a suite and bringing in our own food/drinks we opted for the package because it seems more stress-free. We wouldn't want to burden any of our guests/friends with making sure the food arrvies while we are away taking pictures. We would like them to have fun and enjoy their stay in Vegas. At this point I am very frustrated with MB. I've read good reviews about their wedding coordinators and so far my experience has been the opposite. I have tried to contact our person for 2 weeks and have not received a response. I get the feeling she's not interested in our business or our wedding. I have my heart set on MB and I would hate to change the venue over something so silly. I just want my questions answered! =) What has your experience with MB been like? Do you have any advice? Thanks for your help. Happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well. sooooo far it has been pretty good! I would try and give the WC you have been dealing with a call, sometimes I don't get answers right away, but for the most part within 24hr....And since you have not "signed" anything if you call maybe you can get a WC that you like better.... Who were you dealing with? I have Alyssa and even before I "signed" she was pretty good about getting back to me ASAP. Another option is to hire a WC outside of MB and have them do all of the work....It really depends on how much attetion you want from a WC....There have been a few Knotties who did that:)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The WC I've been working with is Mischelle. I can't say anything bad about her. I just can't get a hold of her. You're right, maybe I should just give MB a call and see if I can speak to someone else. We have the contract and are basically ready to sign. We just have some further questions about the in-suite reception before we do so. I don't want to get stuck with a WC that takes weeks to respond. Unfortunately, I don't think an outside WC is in my budget - although I would LOVE one  =(  I'll have to resort to planning our Vegas ceremony/reception on my own and also planning an additional reception when we return home for friends and family who will not be able to join us in Vegas.I'm just glad I have other knotties that can give me advice and share their stories. It makes it easier for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards