Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

46 DAYS TO GO!! Need help on various things - as per usual!!

Hi, My wedding is in October and I have still to book a limo, meal at night, hair and make-up, photographer- not much !! Although most is included in my Graceland package but I want to add to my photos (tour of strip)and send a pic of my bouquet for someone to replicate. Do you recommend any? Glam squad - Lori seems to get good reviews and 720?  Airbrush or not? Also I am from the uk and normally the photographer lets you have the cd of all photos taken on the day. I have been quoted $300 for 24 on a CD for 3 hours work - 8 an hour seems VERY slow and pricey for a cd. I want an album too but I want to put all my photos on a digital photo frame to show at my wedding celebration party back home. What is normal practice in the US.  I am also trying to book some shows Jersey Boys and Phantom but I cant email Palazzo or Venetian - does anyone know their direct email. We are staying there and I cant get through and it would be too expensive to call. We are getting married at Graceland - which Elvis would you recommend Leather, Rhino, Hawaii? Also any song recommendations - all my favourites are not really appropriate for a wedding - Return to sender, Devil in Disguise, In the Ghetto, Suspicious minds!! If you could assist with any of above would really appreciate it.Also where near Palazzo can you get a decent manicure?Been a while how are other October brides doing - not long!!   Yorkie bride  

Re: 46 DAYS TO GO!! Need help on various things - as per usual!!

• Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked over the Vegas FAQ?  If not there is a link in my sig to give you suggestions.As for shows, can you not purchase online?
  • Options
    Sheila xSheila x member
    edited December 2011
    Hi, We are getting married in Special Memory Chapel they have a photo package included in with the price but we are thinking about hiring another photographer for a 3 hr strip tour, we looking at Deacon Tyler at the moment and its 350$ for 3 hours! He said over 100 photographs will be on the disc! Hope this helps!! Sheila
  • Options
    thrashtobethrashtobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lori white has been fantastic by email, alot of brides love her , im 21st oct.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im a uk bride too, flying out 17th oct, what date do you fly out? try looking at www.wilsonphoto.20m.com for a photographer
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://thrashervegas.webs.com/here is my plannnig bio, i would go with a outside photographer, at Ti where im getting married just gone for the min package for photos and the rest todd will do. Todd also puts every photo onto disc for you.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    burning love elvis song is good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck.  I booked with Lori and she is extremely nice, so I am not doing the airbrush.  I like the fact that a trial is included.My wedding is October 10th and I still have a lot to do also.  Need to send in my final paperwork and I can't make up my mind about flowers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's a full list of Elvis songs -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Elvis_Presley_songsMy sister and her husband walked out to the song with the lyrics "a little less conversation and little more action"  I can't remember the title but it was also used as the main title song for the show Las Vegas.Also, check out smartervegas.com for promotion codes on the shows.  You might find a good deal there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,   Thanks to everyone. I fly out on the 23rd and get married on 26th. I like a little less conversation, burning love, viva las vegas(a must really!!)  but I need 2 more. Not sure if I need to pick one to go up the aisle to? Booked with Graceland but they have taken my deposit but not replied to my recent questions so not sure if my date and time is confirmed, but they were really helpful before I booked.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey ray ray on here is flying out on the 23rd too, another uk bride.im in vegas until the 24th.fly to la on the 24th.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how about the wonder of you?
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    edited December 2011
    How about "the wonder of you"?
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third 'wonder of you'! We fly on the same day! I get married the day after you. Where are you staying? Is that quote fom the chapel or an independent photographer? It might be worth looking at others- most packages include a CD with all of the images taken. For example we are having Todd Wilson for 8 hours, which costs $800 and you get all of the photos he takes on a CD and some prints. He does other packages too. Maybe look in the Vegas FAQ and get quotes from other photographersI don't think I've seen any bad reviews of any of the makeup artists you mentioned. I personally am using Glamsquad and having airbrush makeup
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wonder of you is good. We are staying at Palazzo. Flying from Manchester. What date do you get married? Is everything booked?   Graceland now contacted me again there was a blip on their system.   I cant find any shoes - ordered a few from the net but when they come they are not comfy. I need an inner platform type shoe with a high heel but thick not stilletto. Just got another pair today and they will have to go back. Could buy in vegas - are there good shops do you think? Be barefoot at this rate! Hubby to be is 6ft 2 " and I'm 5ft 2" so I need some height!   The quote was from the chapel Lance but 24 on a cd is nothing, you would expect more than that on an album. My friend just got back from her wedding abroad and she had 440 on hers - not all good but at least she had every photo. Are you having Lori White from Glamsquad?   I fancy the airbrush too. I want my hair up and messy but in a good way!! I also want a french manicure. Hoping to get someone at the mall to do that on the Sunday.   Are you having something old , borrowed and blue?   I'm the old!!   Good luck, thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my shoes from here http://www.bespokebigday.co.uk/you pick the colour and heel height. Only problem with that is if you don't like them you can't send them back as they are made for you! There are so many shops in Vegas, I'm sure you'd find something, it's just whether you want the stress of doing it while you're out there! Have you looked at Faith? They have some nice high bridal shoesMost things are organised for us now, it's so exciting! We get married on 27th. I'm using James from Glamsquad- Lori White actually works by herself. I don't think she does airbrushing thoughYeah I've got old, new etc- even the sixpence for my shoe!
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would these shoes be any good? Not sure what style you're looking for but they have a bit of a platform and heel isn't too thin! http://www.faith.co.uk/leautib-prod216206/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ray Ray. I love the Faith shoes but they are too high - 11 cm, I would trip up. I really like the website where you got your shoes - only problem is that I have left it too late as it states 8 weeks delivery and really I need to try them on for my dress length. I have been using girls of elegance  which is great but the shoes are not fitting me too well. I will try the boutique shops at the weekend.We are flying with Delta, are you going with a party of people?
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It might be worth asking her if you could get them in time- I ordered just on the 8 weeks and sent an email making sure that it would be OK and Rachel replied saying that most shoes are in under 6 weeks. If there's something that you really like on there it can't hurt to ask. We are flying with Virgin, 4 others are flying out with us, 2 are arriving the day before and then others arrive the Saturday, Sunday and Monday. How about you?
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dune have pretty shoes too, have you tried them? Also, I don't know what your taste/wedding colours are, but have you thought about trying coloured shoes too? I have ordered fuschia shoes to match my flowers! I think a bright colour can look briliant. Pippypipsta had a beautiful pair of pink shoes and the phots where she is showing these off are great
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree bright shoes would look fab but I have not seen any - I would need red as I want red flowers. There will just be the 2 of us but we are having a big bash when we get back - so I get to wear my dress twice. Everyone is going to watch it live on the web - they are having parties and diverting it to a wide screen(worried that will put 7lb on!!) I am soooh tired as I am trying to send invites out for england do, have my dress altered, find shoes and sort all stuff for Uk do. Not booked my make-up yet but my friend is doing me an airbrush trial on 26th so if it looks good I will book glamsquad - if bad then I will try Lori White. Looking at two places for headdresses tmrw and then its my little girls bday on Wednesday so I will be baking, wrapping and organising that over the next few days. Dune shoes are great but still high, I just cant wear them that high and I want to be comfortable. I am going to try on some Pink shoes tmrw and I might adapt them - my florist could add on a silk flower. Then after the wedding I will take it off and dye the shoes.Are you carrying your dress? I am, I will not risk packing it. My florist is doing a mock-up of a mix of 2 bouquets I like and I am taking a photo to send to my florist in LV.Once my little girls bday is over and all the UK invites are out I can then concentrate on finalising my wedding details. Wher are you having your wedding meal, I cant decide 4 seasons, andres, bellagios, eiffel tower or everyone keeps booking maggianos. Really appreciate all your help with the shoes and the chat. Hope your plans are going well.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi samfis im having my wedding meal at prime in the bellagio, supposed to be really nice.im all done just need to pack now and i have 5 weeks to go!
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you've got alot going on! Ah so it's just the 2 of you? Very romantic! Good luck with the hunt for shoes- let us know how you get on!We're having our Vegas reception in our suite at Mandalay Bay, we've got a caterer and a bartender coming in- it suited us better than a restaurant. We're going to have a party when we come back too as there are so many people that can't come to Vegas- plus, like you said, it gives me an excuse to wear my dress again!Most things are organised now, it's just sorting out the finer details... I think!
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S. I haven't decided what to do with my dress. Initially the thought of putting it in the hold practially gave me a panic attack but I think I'm going to end up doing that
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,Long time..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I had 2 birthday parties to do .. arrange my hen night and sort the rest of my wedding. I now have my shoes they are very comfortable and just what I wanted - ivory with a peep toe, inner platform and 9.5 cm heel - they are from PINK. A lovely lady is making me a bespoke headdress - which is very full - that will be ready by 15th October. My dressmaker had a death in her family so my dress alterations have been put on hold until she feels better. She has cut my bridesmaids dresses out ( for the blessing back home but no sewing as yet). I am trying not to panic but I may have to find a new dressmaker at short notice!Not booked a meal yet - probably Bellagios or 4 seasons - there is only us two so we thought we would treat ourselves.Having a practice with my hair next week as I wanted to take a picture to show the hairdresser in Las Vegas.I am still undecided on the make-up artist - Lori, Fairytale or Glamsquad.So everything is almost there - just need some earrings and underwear and I will be sorted.How about you all - are you nearly there yet?Hope it is not too stressful - it has been for me but I feel more in control now.Take careYorkie Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards