Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Budget ideas

Hi All, After years of trying to plan  LA wedding, then a tropical destination wedding we are deciding on Vegas. Why? Well if we get married here in LA we will probably get 150 guests (which we cant afford)  and if we get married in Mexico or the Hawaii it will be too much of a financial strain on everyone. So we decided to split the difference and do Vegas to help cut down on the guest list, especially people with kids. I hope I don't sound like a meany but I cant afford to pay for everyone (and their kids) with about 50-75 people.I am considering a few options but leaning more towards a nice hotel like the Mandalay Bay and doing an in-suite reception with hors d'oeuvres , champagne and cake. I'm nto sure how realistic an in-suite reception is with 50+ people but I wanted to get some insight on budgets. It looks like many of you have a similar plan can you share with me how many guests you are expecting, meal type (i.e. full dinner, hors d'oeuvres, just cake) and roughly what you are spending? I'd just like to know how many more jobs I'll need to pay for this damn thing.

Re: Budget ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing an In-Suite at Mandalay Bay... - 30 to 40 people, but the Suites...I hear...can really accomodate more (The Suite can run approx $500+) - Masterpice Cusine For Food (Heavy App. Menu approx $20+ per person) - Cake...Still undecide but most likely Freeds ( The one I like was approx $280+)  Hope that helps:)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! That's really good! If I can keep my ceremony and reception within $3k I'll be a happy camper.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget to add in all of the little extras...They have been sneakying up on me! haha... -Hair & Make up -Tips  - Any "Upgrades" to your ceremony....etc... I know that some Knotties, save money by also using the Suite as the ceremony site! check out the Bio's, I know that "easton" had her's recently at MB! Good Luck!:)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting about $10k from my parents toward the whole shebang: ceremony, reception, rings, honeymoon, and at-home reception.We're doing both the ceremony and reception in the Vista suite, we paid about $900 for two nights (Thursday and Friday, the night before and day of).  For 50 guests, we're getting heavy apps, wine, beer, and a bartender for two hours from Masterpiece Cuisine for a little over $2k including gratuity and tax.  Cake is a somewhat odd cookie concoction, but should end up costing about $200.The Knot's budgeting tool is an excellent place to start.  It has some strange priorities sometimes, but if you plug in your headcount and total budget, it'll give you a breakdown and you can decide where you want to spend more and where you want to skimp.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    easton23easton23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our wedding for 5k.  We did the ceremony and reception in the Vista Suite at MB.  That inc everything from my dress, food, drinks, photographer, flowers, hair and makeup.  You name it.  I would not have changed one thing from our wedding.  People are still taking about it saying it was one of the funnest weddings they have been to.  We did hor d'oeuvres from Masterpiece cuisine and cake from Cake design.  Everything you would have at a wedding.  We then went to a wedding at a winery a week later one that cost $25,000 and I still love my wedding.  If you have any questions you can always ask me.  Good luck and it can be done.
  • Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having an insuite reception. Masterpiece Cuisine is $700 for heavy apps for 25 people, bar service from absolute beverage is $20 per person for 3 hours, cake is about $260 delivered from cake designs. 
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your input. This is super helpful! My fiance and I are driving up this weekend to scout locations and hopefully put a deposit on a space. So far I have about 10 appointments and I plan on snapping pics at several places. I am happy to email pics for the following locations (assuming they allow me to): Griffin Events, The Ritz of Las Vegas, MGM, The Grove, Tuscany, MB, Wynn, T.I., Hard Rock and Planet Hollywood. Thanks again ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards