Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Tipping

OMG!! I'm leaving for Vegas in a few hours and I am freaking out.  I just have a feeling that I will forget something really big.  I still have no idea what is appropriate as far as tipping.  How much would you tip the photographer/make-up/officiant??  I'm so lost on this... any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks ladies!!

Re: Tipping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you've heard it before, but you don't normally tip the photographer if they own their own business unless they do really exceptional work, but I would wait until you get your pictures. The H&M are still generally 20%, and the officiant is normally $50-$100. HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tipped my photog (Todd) $30-50 I believe, as he was leaving. I didn't feel the need to wait until getting pictures and felt even though it's his company, he was so awesome and above my expectations he earned it. Just a token to show our appreciation for the great job he did that day. Makeup- I tipped Lori/her assistant between 15-20% of the bill for myself and my mom/sisters. Officiant- I wasnt sure on this one and didnt tip. I figure it was included in the package, and honestly he ran off before I could have if I even wanted to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im in the same boat jennb. I only tip hairdresser/limo service....and the officant ran off before I could tip so i figure it was in the package
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would tip your hair/make-up person 20%.  For the officiant, I've seen a few suggested amounts posted in different chapel's info, seems to be $50-$75.Honestly, I never heard of tipping the photog until I saw it here.  But then ago I got married years ago and it wasn't a destination wedding, so things were different. 
    Planning a Vegas Vow Renewal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards