Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

How far ahead did you book?

Hey all- new to this board, but not new to TK.  I'm just getting around to planning, and I was wondering how far ahead you all booked your Vegas venues?I guess I know that if I am booking in my hometown, most places need a lot of lead time, but I was wondering if Vegas is different.  I'm thinking an in-suite, probably MB (for both the ceremony and reception).  Do you think I'm too late for May/April 2010?

Re: How far ahead did you book?

• Options
    collier75collier75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you are too late.   I booked almost everything in September of 2008 for my June 2009 Wynn wedding.  I didn't have any problems getting the reservations that I wanted.  I didn't have outside photography, though.Kim
  • Options
    threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked as early as I could. And good thing I did, because the room we are rented in Planet Hollywood (APEX suite) is no longer available to rent out!!! :) So if you know what you want to do, book it.
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We eventually got our upgrade sorted out exactly 5 month before the wedding BUT we couldn't get the room that we wanted. I'm sure you'll be able to find a room for the dates that you need, but the sooner you can book the better
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The sooner you book, the more likely you can get everything you want.... I booked the Vista Suite through our WC at MB about 8 months early to make sure that I had the Suite for the Reception (Apps./Cake).
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help all.  We're going to Vegas in December, but I'm afraid to wait that long.  At the same time, I hate to book site-unseen.  I think I'll probably wait until December, since I don't have my heart set on a specific date anyway. 
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kiki, you're doing a Vegas wedding?  I didn't know that!I booked as early as they'd let me, which was June 1st for next April.  We were pretty set on the Vista suite, and we didn't want to risk not having it for our date.  If you're flexible with the dates, though, you're probably fine to wait.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aerin- it's a recent development :)  I'm a late planner, but I think we've finally decided on Vegas after going back and forth on several places.
  • Options
    easton23easton23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked the Vista Suite for our ceremony and reception in Oct for our July 31 wedding.  I think I had to call a few times because it was booked for when we wanted it.  Good luck.  You will love having your ceremony in the Vista Suite.  We would not have changed a thing, everyone thought it was such a great place for a wedding.
  • Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked in Aug 08 for our April 09 wedding.  As it was, we wound up choosing a Friday because we couldn't find availability at both our ceremony and reception locations on a Saturday during the timeframe we wanted.  It worked out perfectly because booking vendors for a Friday turned out to be much easier in the end!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards