Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Catholic Weddings

Hi Can anybody tell me if you have to be in Las Vegas for a certain amount of time before you can have a catholic wedding in the cathedrel?Thanks,Sheila

Re: Catholic Weddings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Each parish will be different, and you will have to speak to them individually. They generally require that you are a resident, a member, and complete their counseling. You may be able to get out of being a resident and member with a letter from your local parish, but in general, they require that you complete THEIR counselling. Perhaps you could try looking for a local Catholic, and speaking with her about the church she attends
  • Options
    annabelle2424annabelle2424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at St.Anne's Catholic Church. I believe you do have to be a member but they may be able to do it if you provide a letter from your local parish. I would suggest you call the office and ask. You do need to do the counseling but if you are out of town you can make arrangements for your visits. I've heard that Lady of the Peace (not sure if that's the correct name) is more lenient.
  • Options
    Sheila xSheila x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls,Well I have just found out that I have a cousin who is a priest in Las Vegas and has offered to marry us, my parish priest ( im from Ireland) has no problem with getting all the info for me that they will need (letter of freedom bap cert confirmation cert and so on) and we can do the pre marriage course here...  he is not sure if we need to be in the country for a certain amount of time before we can get married but I can maybe get in touch with somebody over there that does know and as you said maybe every church is different.Thanks girlsSheila
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married May 8, 2010 at the Guardian Angel Cathedral Catholic church located on the stip (by the Wynn). This church marries non parishioners. I was told by the LV priest that I need approx 6 months before I could get married. He sent me the paperwork right away...I had to get my local parish priest to agree to "prepare" both my fiance and I and he gave me a list of documents that needs to be submitted to the Diocese of LV. The paperwork has to be sent in 60 days before the wedding. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Guardian Angel Cathedral. My husband and I did the marriage prep in my hometown in Massachusetts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards