Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

***huff4099***

Hi,I wondered if you still have the email that the LV priest sent to you stateing what requirements were needed to have a catholic wedding in Vegas, I did email a Father Larry there but he did not really give me a straight answer. If you have it can you mail me a copy? sheila260@gmail.comThanks a mill x

Re: ***huff4099***

• Options
    LellsBellsLellsBells member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sheila Desert Rain may be able to help you also, she got married in St Viator's Catholic Church just off the strip. It looks like a really nice church. You may want to check out Fr David St. John also, he's a Catholic prient but not Roman Catholic so I don't know if that would suit. I'm not too sure what the difference is to be honest. I did consider him myself but in the end went for the easier option and decided to just have a religious ceremony in the Chapel of the Flowers. Anyway here's his website if you're interested ... http://www.weddingslasvegas.com/catholic_weddings
  • Options
    Sheila xSheila x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I called and talked to them directly. We first talked about dates and times. After I picked my date and he "penciled" me in, I had to send in a deposit (it was either $400 or $450) within 30 days to secure it. After that was recieved, they sent me the paperwork that I took to my local priest. The balance ($600) is due closer to the wedding.
  • Options
    Sheila xSheila x member
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys, thats what they said to me as well but do you not think that it is a lot of money to get married in a catholic church? What are you getting for that money?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You get the church, the priest, the altar servers, the organist and singer. $1,000.00 is what it costs (or more) to get married in the Catholic Church here locally were I live (Pittsburgh, PA). So I was actually surprised it wouldn't cost more because I was not apart of the parish.
  • Options
    Sheila xSheila x member
    edited December 2011
    wow! it costs nothing here in Ireland, but you do have to pay for your own music, flowers thats it! Some priests may take a donation for the church/parish/charity of about €60!Anyway thanks a million for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards