• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
North Carolina

Paper Pom Poms

Is anyone skilled at making tissue paper pop poms?? Mine are coming out really crappy. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using  the guide from the Once Wed blog. Here is the link  http://www.oncewed.com/25348/diy-wedding/decor/diy-wedding-pom-pom-vines-2/

I want to have some pom pom vines from the oak tree for the wedding ceremony. Maybe if you drink a few beers and squint your eyes real tight the few I've made might look alright.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Paper Pom Poms

• edited December 2011
    Those directions are very similar to what I used, but I used Martha Stewart's(clickable) directions. 
    Anniversary
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I think I used Martha Stewart's directions and mine were coming out really crappy. I ended up going to Michael's and getting a ton of silk stems of rose buds. They were more expensive than paper ones would have been but it was a LOT faster and they looked a lot better than my attempts. I think I have pics of all of them in my blog.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine are looking..I can't even describe them properly. I'll try Martha's directions this weekend. Who knows, maybe this will be a great job for the boy. He seems to be a bit more careful with things than I am. I always want stuff done fast and this might not be a job for my lack of patience.

Oh, does anyone know how to put an RSVP count on the signature?
  • edited December 2011
    I was in the very beginning, but couldn't ever get them to turn out right, so I gave it up.  I just didn't have the patience for those things!!!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I used the Martha directions, and they came out fine. I didn't cut the paper 10 by 5, I just bought tissue paper and cut where the folds were (probably more like 12 by 4), so the flowers were smaller. I had to make tons, and was planning on 12 total poms, yah that did not happen, they are a real PITA, so I just did 6. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Ladies, you are not giving me confidence I can pull off the pom pom vines! I'll report back after using Martha's directions and the boy as a helper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards