Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

MB Restaurants

Hey ladies- has anyone had a reception in any of the MB restaurants, like RM Seafood or Border Grill?  Seems like everyone does in-suite, but I think I might like ot go to a restaurant since we only have about 20 people.

Re: MB Restaurants

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your budget?  FI's put a couple on our list to try, but they're the higher end ones.  We were initially considering just going to a restaurant, but we've got about 50 so catering in-suite was just easier.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our dinner at Trattoria del Lupo and it was fantastic.  We had a reservation for 40 people as we chose NOT to set a preset menu and just let people order off the menu.  It was much less expensive and people got to eat what they wanted.  At del Lupo there is a back room that holds up to 42 that they can put you in if there is not another event there.  Anything with a preset menu take precedence.  I worked with Kathryn G in the group dining department to make the reservation, I think there was a $175 non refundable deposit.    We did have the Vista Suite for cake and drinks later in the night but that was just a big party well into the night.  All my reviews are in my bio.   HTH!Julie

Follow along with my nail polish blog at Color Me Jules

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We've booked Rumjungle for our post-wedding dinner.  They have a Brazilian-style dinner package that is excellent.  FI and I had dinner there to sample the menu and we loved it.
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kiki,  (fyi - FI calls me this sometime)We had the same idea and we checked out Rum Jungle and Border Grill when on our scouting trip last weekend. Rum Jungle is around $40-60 per person and I believe this includes bar. We stopped by to visit Border Grill and we were not overly impressed at first then the head chef stopped by to hat with us and we did a tasting...first off the chef is really cool and nice, we love him and the food is incredible. They have room food purchases minimums but they are very reasonable and did I mention the food is excellent? Email me and I'll send you menus and prices. My email is my name @ yahoo dot com
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rumjungle is top of our list as well. I havent actually been there and wont have the chance to visit beforehand - impslave, what sort of atmosphere does the place have during dinner? Would it be too rowdy for speeches at our table...?Also, anyone know anything the wedding cakes they provide? They were very vague when I asked.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I had dinner there around 6pm on a Saturday night, and it was very nice and calm.  Our wedding dinner is scheduled for 5:30-7:30, so we don't anticipate any problems with noise.  You should be fine for toasts and speeches.They don't convert into a nightclub until 11pm.  If you have your dinner there, you also get VIP passes when it becomes a club.  We'll probably finish our night back at Rumjungle.With regards to cake, I've been in email contact with Katie about that very topic.  She told me that depending on how elaborate you want your cake, they can either take care of it in-house or through an outside baker.  We plan on having a simple cake for only 40ish people, so it'll likely be done in-house.  I'm going to send Katie a picture of how we want our cake to look and see what she says.
  • Options
    kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aerin- Our budget is about $2000 for 20 people (the less we spend the better, though, of course).I do have most of the menus from group dining.  Lots of things look good.  We're going to go in to the restaurants and have snacks or drinks while we're there planning in Vegas.  I love the menu at RM Seafood, but I don't know anything about it.Rumjungle's prices looked really good, too.  Hmmm... I am having the hardest darn time deciding on a reception locale.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! My fiance and I picked Fleur de Lys. We only have about 20 people, including ourselves, so it isn't too bad. Let me know if you need pricing for MB restaurants, because we just booked and I have all of the information from group dining.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, impslave, that is really helpful. :-)
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at Fleur de Lys as well! You may also consider Mix or Mix Lounge depending on your budget and group size, the view is amazing. Agree with previous posters, contact Kathryn at Group Dining. I'd call the hotel and ask for group dining. Or, I can give you her information. She is great and can give you all of the info you need on any dining with a group anywhere at Mandalay Bay. She is setting up our bachelor/bachlorette at Mix Lounge, rehearsal dinner at Burger Bar. and reception at Fleur de Lys.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my meet & greet at the Border Grill. They were fabulous!  The food was super (had mostly apps and a paella station).  The servers were super attentive and the people there are great to work with.  The room is awesome too.  I had the South dining room with the outdoor patio which was really great.    Some of the older knotties (Mrs36 and Dicegirl maybe) had their receptions there and loved it as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thefuturemrsrumley... Swear we are having the same wedding!!! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    erinfables Well, I'm sure your's will be great then!  If only you had a bio....hint, hint  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards