Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Room blocks at Harrahs hotel

I am trying to book a block of rooms at Planet Hollywood and am having a ridiculous time getting a hold of someone. I got transferred to about 7 different people, then left a voicemail for a women who never called me back. I guess corporate does the group room blocks instead of the actual hotel and it is a pain. Does anyone have any experience with this and can recommend someone to ask for?

Thanks!

Re: Room blocks at Harrahs hotel

• Options
    jawordenjaworden member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a group of rooms blocked at the Flamingo, and it was done by corporate.  I had the same trouble initially, but I then called the total experiences line (totalexperiences.com). They set up a specific person to work with you on group reservations (not only for rooms but anything else you decide you want to do).  Hope that helps, and good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I had left a message for someone at total experience but didn't know they had a website. I will fill out the form.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jaworden,

When we tried to reserve a block of rooms at the Flamingo we were told that we would have to pay for the cost of one nights stay plus $25 for EACH ROOM that didn't sell in our block of rooms!  I thought that was total BS and that was going through a travel agent!  They mention anything like that to you?
  • Options
    jawordenjaworden member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ellenalabama
    We were never told anything about $25 for each room not booked in the block.  They just told us that when each guest calls to reserve their room for the weekend their credit card gets charged for one night (just to set their reservation) but will be returned in full if they cancel at least 72 hours ahead.  Which I don't think is any different than a single reservation (not attached to a group).  I would try the Total Experiences instead of a travel agent.

• Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I will check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards