Nevada-Las Vegas

Vistaprint question

I've never used them, but my friend always emails promos to me. Has anyone ordered wedding invitations from them? If so do you have options for the type of card stock? I can't seem to find anything on their site stating what kind of paper they use. My friend has used them for baby announcements so I've seen the glossy/photo cards only.

Any info would be awesome. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Vistaprint question

• edited December 2011
    I used them for everything and loved everything they had to offer. I used the matte cardstock paper and they also have a heavier weight cardstock as well. They have a free bridal package that they will send you so you can see samples of all that they have to offer. For the price, they cannot be beat!
  • edited December 2011
    Sweet! Thanks I'll have to order that sample kit. :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cardstock is great quality, so is their printing, and turnaround time (its not super speedy, but it will get to you faster than they quote).

I also ordered my magnet STDs from them and they were great heavy quality as well.. Highly recommended! :)
  • MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used them for business cards back when I was a meetup group organizer.  They turned out well.
    imageimageimage
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used them for our STD's and our menus.  Quality was excellent and you can't beat the prices!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!

I chatted with someone at Vistaprint and this is what he had to say

Our Invitations are done on Premium 80-lb card stock with matte or glossy finish. Upgrade to linen finish also available. They also have the option for a 100-lb Premium Matte Recycled Paper upgrade which is the thickest stock we offer.

They are the same stock options as Save The Dates.

Do you think that the 100 lb would be thick enough?  I've read that 110 lb is a standard weight, but I'm just not sure now.Undecided  I haven't had a chance to get to the store to check out the thichness so I'm asking here until I can get there. 

TIA
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • sarahtortsarahtort member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would never use Vista pint myself.  They are slow in shipping and thier quality is something that I diliked the most I think.
    I would design my own and send it off to Catprint.  I have bought my entire invitation suite, menus and programs from them.

They have a HUGE selection of paper from standard paper to shimmery paper and Linen and its so much more reasonable.

Look into them if you can.
    Vista print might be your better option however if you need to use one of their designs.
  • edited December 2011
     I will be looking into every option.  So far I have 1 design that I like from www.hellolucky.com and it's WAY out of my price range.  Frown

I have looked at so many websites it's crazy.  I thought this would be easy, but it's not.  I can't seem to find an invitation that pops out at me. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You can upload any design you want on to Vistaprint. Its is always the first option "upload my own" so you can design it on whatever and use their cheaper printing. They charge a couple bucks or something to upload but usually a lot of their coupon codes have free uploads on them as well. This will probably help you a lot!

http://vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com/
  • sarahtortsarahtort member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Etsy... I bet you can find somehting thats reasonable and they will make them for you the way you want them designed.

I have never used etsy only heard good things from people.
  • justine043justine043 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used them for our STD postcards, and they turned out great. We are not using them for invitations (most likely going with hellolucky, just waiting on my sample!) but were thinking of using them for some other products since there are always promos available (type that into google there are sites dedicated to it!) and i dont think i can justify spending over 100 bucks on RSVPs when you can get them on VP for close to nothing

order the free wedding sample it does give you some ideas, and if you ever have questions there customer service gets back to you really quick.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    PP I called VP today and they were helpful. I did order the sample kit to get a better idea on the cardstock. Hellolucky way too expensive and I need 125 whack would cost me $1000. I'm going to go to the store and see the different weights then maybe it'll give me a better idea. This is the next check I need to do is find save the dates.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vistaprint-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:1428ddef-8d21-4ae1-b544-321e726d0c8ePost:8844a955-d518-4565-938c-05afdc59b42d">Re: Vistaprint question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you think that the 100 lb would be thick enough?  I've read that 110 lb is a standard weight, but I'm just not sure now.   I haven't had a chance to get to the store to check out the thichness so I'm asking here until I can get there.  TIA
    Posted by Diamond1031[/QUOTE]

I worked at a Staples copy center 5 years or so ago.. and if I remember correctly 110lb is SUPER thick, almost hard to fold. I think the 80lb or even the upgrade of 100lb would be good for invitations.
  • edited December 2011
    Tomorrow I am going to the store and getting to the bottom of this. Lol. I will have a report tomorrow. I would go tonight but not motivated. :-/.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What I did for our STDs was find a design I liked on Etsy. The person made postcards and printed them off herself. Looked good, but I really wanted to do magnets. I emailed the person and asked if I could buy the PDF file from them. She made a private listing for me and it cost $25, I then took the design and uploaded it to Vistaprint. 100 magnets ended up costing me $17, I got free business cards that I typed up hotel room block & our wedding website, and had custom made envelopes (the security lining reads "Ben&Meshell 10/14/11") also $17. So all together it cost me $59 plus postage ($22) for 100 STDs.

I also went to http://www.istockphoto.com/ and found some graphics that I liked (thanks Smokey for turning me onto this site) and have used them for other wedding related stuff. I got a spray painted heart that I uploaded to vistaprint and got a totebag for WR stuff. Maybe check them ouf for some cool graphics to personalize your VP invites.

Oh and here's pics of my stuff:

And I am very happy with the quality
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vistaprint-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1428ddef-8d21-4ae1-b544-321e726d0c8ePost:6d704ce6-6722-47dd-a468-b8630a3e5a02">Re: Vistaprint question</a>:
    [QUOTE] I also went to <a href="http://www.istockphoto.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.istockphoto.com/</a> and found some graphics that I liked (thanks Smokey for turning me onto this site) and have used them for other wedding related stuff. I got a spray painted heart that I uploaded to vistaprint and got a totebag for WR stuff. Maybe check them ouf for some cool graphics to personalize your VP invites. Oh and here's pics of my stuff: And I am very happy with the quality
    Posted by LilMissScareAll[/QUOTE]

iStock is awesome for picking up inexpensive designs and photos that are print ready.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    I used them and they were great.  I did not have any delay and I actually did not have to pay shipping charges...
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome thanks ladies. I'll be checkingthem out. Lil do u mind sharing who you used on Etsy?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vistaprint-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:1428ddef-8d21-4ae1-b544-321e726d0c8ePost:da1d9d83-5bfa-45af-8fce-2973758e88f3">Re: Vistaprint question</a>:
    [QUOTE] Lil do u mind sharing who you used on Etsy?

<a href="http://www.etsy.com/people/ligaya?ref=ls_profile">http://www.etsy.com/people/ligaya?ref=ls_profile</a>
  • justine043justine043 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vistaprint-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:1428ddef-8d21-4ae1-b544-321e726d0c8ePost:0576f8e2-25b8-4d32-8591-e1a65c9d20c2">Re: Vistaprint question</a>:
    [QUOTE]PP I called VP today and they were helpful. I did order the sample kit to get a better idea on the cardstock. Hellolucky way too expensive and I need 125 whack would cost me $1000. I'm going to go to the store and see the different weights then maybe it'll give me a better idea. This is the next check I need to do is find save the dates.

oh yeah 125 would cost an arm and a leg there! i need about 100 less than that so i have a little leeway
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards