Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Fake flowers tacky?

A friend of mine who is coming to the ceremony is a florist and I would love for her to do my bouquet.  However, with the travel from Canada and arriving several days before the wedding, real flowers just aren't going to be an option.  What do you think of silk flowers instead?

I contacted the chapel and I am allowed to bring in outside flowers (by forfeiting the cost of the flowers included in the package I chose) which is fine by me.  What got me was they won't allow me to just bring my bouquet.  I have to supply ALL the flowers so that includes my 2 bridesmaids and my mother's corsage.  That is just move stuff to lug on a plane.

Did anyone bring their own?  Would you do it again?

Re: Fake flowers tacky?

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen some pretty crappy looking silk flowers; usually the nice ones end up costing nearly as much as fresh.  With fake flowers, I personally prefer ones that look more stylized (i.e., they're supposed to look fake) like felt, paper, wood, and so on.  I'm making all of our flowers in black and white according to this tutorial: http://meholder.blogspot.com/2009/03/paper-flower-tutorial.html

However, we're driving, and several of our friends are driving as well, so space isn't a problem for us.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having a fake floral bouquet, with feathers for myself and my bridesmaids.  I also live in Canada and have to get them there, but we are flying westjet and you can check 2 bags so that gives us more space to transport things.  I did not ask the Caesars if I could bring them, but I made them myself so its not a outside vendor.  I am just hoping to no one will notice and we wont have to pay a fee.

We were doing photos before the ceremony and really wanted my bouquet for that and I did not want the flowers dying in the heat or getting wrecked when I sit on or shut it in a car door (that would happen).

• Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why not get real flowers from Costco or somewhere like that in Vegas and have your friend assemble the flowers the day of your wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm....I'll talk things over with my friend and see what she thinks.  We won't have a car in Vegas so going somewhere to pick up flowers (roses) might be a pain.
  • Options
    Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    edited December 2011
    I bought my flowers from Sams Club out in Vegas. I would definitely do it again. I received permission from our chapel to bring our own flowers because they could not deliver them to me for photos prior to the ceremony. I am SO glad that we did! I only spent $40 on 4 dozen roses. My bouqet was 2 dozen cream (minus 1 for DH) and then the other 2 dozen yellow I used for 3 BM Bouquets and 2 Bouts. When we arrived to the chapel for the ceremony, they gave me the bouquet and bout that they created.... they were very ugly and screamed "80's".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    * I brought all of the supplies with me to Vegas
    - Floral Wire
    - Wire cutters (for the wire and Rose stems)
    - Satin Ribbon
    - Floral Tape
    - Ribbon
    - Corsage Pins (to pin on the corsages and add "pearls" to the bouquet ribbon
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where Sam's club is.  We are staying at the Mirage.  Any suggestions on someplace we can get to by walking to purchase roses?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Costco has a online package for 229...and they deliver to your hotel. You get 2 dozen bride bouquet, 2 bridesmaid, or center pieces ( your choice) 2 corsages and 4 boots. they come in many different fowers choices.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea where it is either. I know it wasn't too far from the strip but we did take a car. My mother drove.
    The only problem is, you have to be open to whatever colors they have. My mom arrived a few days ahead of me and was able to call and have them hold the cream and then we picked out yellow for the BM's once we got there. If you want special colors, you will need to order them and then you have to order like 12 dozen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered silk flowers from The  Brides Bouquet and they arrived today looking great! 

They shipped them all the way to Australia for me and with my bouquet, 4 x bridesmaids & roses for the guys, it only came to $300. My bouquets were roses and they really do look great. The only thing I may change is the ribbon, but I was planning on doing this anyway as I wanted the colour to perfectly match my colour scheme. 

If you spend a certain amount (I can't remember how much) the brides bouquet is free. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards