Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Coordinator

As the date gets closer, I am getting curious whether a day of coordinator may be helpful.  I was quoted $990 for the day with Scheme Events.  It seems a little high?  Has anyone used Scheme and liked them? Has anyone used anyone else?  TIA!!

Re: Coordinator

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have hired a coordinator from Culinary Pros....probably more like an assistant to help with the set-up and organization of things that I leave for them to do since I won't be there. What they have said is just give them a list of what to do and they will complete it.

They are only charging $30 per hour and they had a minimum of 5 hours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are your wedding plans? That will help us figure out if it's too higher necessary at all
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Scheme; they had two people on site at least ten hours on the day of the wedding and had to have spent several hours in prep work in the weeks leading up to the event so the price seemed very fair to me.  If you don't need that extensive an amount of work, many times one of your other vendors may be able to help out for an added fee; I've heard of some of the catering companies handling other aspects of the day, etc.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Scheme charges a flat $100 per hour in general, so that sounds about right for a full day.  If it seems a little high, maybe go over your wedding vendor/decor to-do and see if it's really necessary to have them for the whole day or not?

For example, we have less than 20 guests with the RSVP count and just one long table with cake, gift, and reception tables to put decorations out on so they agreed $300 for the minimum 3 hrs with one person should be enough.  I'll probably only ask her to check up on the limo transport to and from the reception venue other than that.  Cake is being handled by the manager at the reception venue and we don't have any DJs or other vendors coming in.  And since the photogs are friends and Francesca will be there the day before for a make-up trial (so I doubt she will forget the time the next day), I didn't see the point of having a whole day coordinator.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I already know that having a coordinator would be a slurge and not a necessity for our wedding.  We are only having a little over 30 guests but have about 10 vendors.  We are having our wedding at the Mandarin Oriental and our ceremony room has to be "converted" to our reception room while we are in the dining room for dinner.  While I am sure the Mandarin could handle it with our vendors, peace of mind may be nice to have that day.   Thanks all for giving me some things to think about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards